Porting Mind.Forth
Author Message
 Porting Mind.Forth

Quote:

>> Forth is the lingua franca of AI, embedded NC and robotics.
>> For details on Mind.Forth and the public domain AI project,
>> see the ACM Sigplan Notices 33(12):25-31 (December 1998),
>> "Mind.Forth: Thoughts on Artificial Intelligence and Forth."
> LISP for AI
> Forth for control
> or have I got it wrong?

Since the AI needs to control actuators in the real world,
it makes sense to build the AI on top of the control system.

Quote:
> (I do know that either will work - but lingua franca??)

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~mentifex/aisource.html Mind.Forth PD AI
is an actual artificial mind, based on neuroscience and
Chomskyan linguistics.  LISP and the other "AI languages"
have not produced an artificial mind and must therefore
take second place to Forth as the lingua franca of AI.
Quote:
> --
> John Cartmell - Manchester, UK
> using British designed hardware, OS & software
> RISC OS computers from Acorn, RiscStation & etc

Sat, 06 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Porting Mind.Forth to APL

2. Porting Mind.Forth to Smalltalk

3. Porting Mind.Forth to Clipper