Forth Interpreter in BASIC or PASCAL?
Author Message
 Forth Interpreter in BASIC or PASCAL?

I would appreciate if anyone could supply references or source code
for any forth interpreters written in BASIC or Pascal.  One simple
educational version appeared in Dr. Dobbs Journal, #60, October 1981
by Dr. Ting.
Thanks,
Carey Witkov

Sun, 25 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Forth Interpreter in BASIC or PASCAL?

There was a book in the mid 80s called
  Basic and Forth in parallel,

Small yellow thing, which had a stack simulator written in basic, I
think it could accept simple stack manipulation words too

Sorry, dont know the isbn off hand..

Quote:
> I would appreciate if anyone could supply references or source code
> for any forth interpreters written in BASIC or PASCAL.  One simple
> educational version appeared in Dr. Dobbs Journal, #60, October 1981
> by Dr. Ting.
> Thanks,
> Carey Witkov

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Forth Interpreter in BASIC or PASCAL?

Quote:

> There was a book in the mid 80s called
>   Basic and Forth in parallel,

> Small yellow thing, which had a stack simulator written in basic, I
> think it could accept simple stack manipulation words too

> Sorry, dont know the isbn off hand..
>From the FAQ - Books:

  84, Wainwright, BASIC & Forth In Parallel, Babani (Pub.),
0-85934-113-5

--
Bye for now
                                         ____/  /  __  /   /   /   /   /

                           Forth Interest Group United Kingdom Chapter
Voice +44 (0)1733 753489   at www.users.zetnet.co.uk/aborigine/forth.htm

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Forth Interpreter in BASIC or PASCAL?
Hi,

I have written a FORTH interpreter in C++.  But hasn't yet the
functionallity of other FORTH interpreter.

Michael Neumann

Quote:
> I would appreciate if anyone could supply references or source code
> for any forth interpreters written in BASIC or PASCAL.  One simple
> educational version appeared in Dr. Dobbs Journal, #60, October 1981
> by Dr. Ting.
> Thanks,
> Carey Witkov

Sun, 09 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Forth Interpreter in BASIC or PASCAL?

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have written a FORTH interpreter in C++.  But hasn't yet the
> functionallity of other FORTH interpreter.
<SNIP>
>> I would appreciate if anyone could supply references or source code
>> for any forth interpreters written in BASIC or PASCAL.  One simple
>> educational version appeared in Dr. Dobbs Journal, #60, October 1981
>> by Dr. Ting.

<SNIP>

I wrote one in C - only it is no more than a quarter Forth
since I was rather influenced by other languages such as LISP
too when writing it.

It it really nothing more than a quick hack, but the general
structure should be discernible and the source is available at:

http://www.his.se/ida/~a94petbe/Projects.html

        -Peter

Only lefthanded people are in their right minds.
Reality is for people who cannot face Science Fiction.

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tribute to Forth from a youngster with a Basic/Pascal/C background

2. BASIC to C translator wanted (or BASIC interpreter)

3. Pascal Source for APL Interpreter--Want Info

4. Logo Interpreter in Pascal

5. Ada, Basic, C, Lisp, Modula, Pascal, Prolog

6. ???Basic to Pascal converter???

7. Conversion of basic->fortan, c, pascal etc

8. Tcl interpreter in a Pascal application?

9. HELP: looking for BASIC interpreter to download.

10. New BASIC interpreter for UNIX: MOLE

11. BASIC Interpreter

12. need Z80 Basic Interpreter