Cross-compiler for MOPS
Author Message
 Cross-compiler for MOPS

Hi All,

Anyone written an embedded cross-compiler under MOPS for the MAC. I am very
interested in using MOPS as a development platform to develop OOP code for
the ShBoom micro (PSC1000). MOPS doesn't seem to have the VOCABULARY word
set, though it claims to be ANSI complyient.

Anyone help.

Cheers,

--
Bernie Mentink

Christchurch
New Zealand (:-)

Sun, 01 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cross-compiler for MOPS

Quote:

> Hi All,
[..]
> MOPS doesn't seem to have the VOCABULARY word
> set, though it claims to be ANSI complyient.

VOCABULARY is not an ANS Forth word. Try WORDLIST (more flexible,
VOCABULARY can be build with it).

-marcel

Sun, 01 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cross-compiler for MOPS

Quote:

> Hi All,

> Anyone written an embedded cross-compiler under MOPS for the MAC. I am very
> interested in using MOPS as a development platform to develop OOP code for
> the ShBoom micro (PSC1000). MOPS doesn't seem to have the VOCABULARY word
> set, though it claims to be ANSI complyient.

We offer a SwiftX cross-compiler for the PSC1000.  SwiftX's host is
Windows-based, but I know a number of people running it successfully on
Macs in Windows emulation.  See our web site for more info.

Cheers,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth D. Rather  (US & Canada) 800-55-FORTH
FORTH Inc.                      +1 310-372-8493
111 N. Sepulveda Blvd.     Fax: +1 310-318-7130
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
http://www.forth.com

applications since 1973."

Sun, 01 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cross-compiler for MOPS
Public news groups are public for everyone!

If you don't want to read messages from Forth Inc., don't click on them.

Just my thoughts,

Tom Zimmer

Quote:

> [...]

> >> Anyone written an embedded cross-compiler under MOPS for the MAC. I am very
> >> interested in using MOPS as a development platform to develop OOP code for
> >> the ShBoom micro (PSC1000). MOPS doesn't seem to have the VOCABULARY word
> >> set, though it claims to be ANSI complyient.

> > We offer a SwiftX cross-compiler for the PSC1000.  SwiftX's host is
> > Windows-based, but I know a number of people running it successfully on
> > Macs in Windows emulation.  See our web site for more info.

> > Cheers,
> > Elizabeth

> > --
> > Elizabeth D. Rather  (US & Canada) 800-55-FORTH
> > FORTH Inc.                      +1 310-372-8493
> > 111 N. Sepulveda Blvd.     Fax: +1 310-318-7130
> > Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
> > http://www.forth.com

> > "Forth-based products and Services for real-time

Sun, 01 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cross-compiler for MOPS
Elizabeth,
I know you are running a business, but can you please refrain from plugging
your wares EVERY time I mention the PSC1000 on this news group. You are
tending to boor.

Cheers,
Bernie

Quote:

> Newsgroups: comp.lang.forth
> Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:09:45 GMT
> Subject: Re: Cross-compiler for MOPS

>> Hi All,

>> Anyone written an embedded cross-compiler under MOPS for the MAC. I am very
>> interested in using MOPS as a development platform to develop OOP code for
>> the ShBoom micro (PSC1000). MOPS doesn't seem to have the VOCABULARY word
>> set, though it claims to be ANSI complyient.

> We offer a SwiftX cross-compiler for the PSC1000.  SwiftX's host is
> Windows-based, but I know a number of people running it successfully on
> Macs in Windows emulation.  See our web site for more info.

> Cheers,
> Elizabeth

> --
> Elizabeth D. Rather  (US & Canada) 800-55-FORTH
> FORTH Inc.                      +1 310-372-8493
> 111 N. Sepulveda Blvd.     Fax: +1 310-318-7130
> Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
> http://www.forth.com

> "Forth-based products and Services for real-time
> applications since 1973."

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cross-compiler for MOPS
I guess I keep reading them in the hope that she will one day say something
helpful (and on topic) rather than pushing her commercial barrow. I was
under the (proberly mis-guided) impression that commercial selling via
news-groups was against net-etiquete.

Ever hopeful,
Bernie.

Quote:
> Public news groups are public for everyone!

> If you don't want to read messages from Forth Inc., don't click on them.

> Just my thoughts,

> Tom Zimmer

>> Elizabeth,
>> I know you are running a business, but can you please refrain from plugging
>> your wares EVERY time I mention the PSC1000 on this news group. You are
>> tending to boor.

>> Cheers,
>> Bernie

>>> Newsgroups: comp.lang.forth
>>> Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:09:45 GMT
>>> Subject: Re: Cross-compiler for MOPS

>>> We offer a SwiftX cross-compiler for the PSC1000.  SwiftX's host is
>>> Windows-based, but I know a number of people running it successfully on
>>> Macs in Windows emulation.  See our web site for more info.

>>> Cheers,
>>> Elizabeth

>>> --
>>> ===============================================
>>> Elizabeth D. Rather  (US & Canada) 800-55-FORTH
>>> FORTH Inc.                      +1 310-372-8493
>>> 111 N. Sepulveda Blvd.     Fax: +1 310-318-7130
>>> Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
>>> http://www.forth.com

>>> "Forth-based products and Services for real-time
>>> applications since 1973."
>>> ===============================================

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cross-compiler for MOPS

Quote:

>I guess I keep reading them in the hope that she will one day say something
>helpful (and on topic) rather than pushing her commercial barrow. I was
>under the (proberly mis-guided) impression that commercial selling via
>news-groups was against net-etiquete.

She says a lot that's helpful and on-topic, but it's hardly surprising
when she responds to a RFI with info about her company.

And commercials on Usenet are not forbidden for NGs which explicitly allow
them in their charters.

Quote:

--
-William "Billy" Tanksley

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cross-compiler for MOPS

Quote:
> Elizabeth,
> I know you are running a business, but can you please refrain from
plugging
> your wares EVERY time I mention the PSC1000 on this news group. You are
> tending to boor.

    Unfortunately, there's *FAR* too much of that from several sources.
Some people have little regard for Netiquette.

--

-GJC

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cross-compiler for MOPS

Quote:

> She says a lot that's helpful and on-topic, but it's hardly surprising
> when she responds to a RFI with info about her company.

    Not surprising, just unfortunate that it wasn't done via e-mail (as is
appropriate).
--

-GJC

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cross-compiler for MOPS
: Elizabeth,
: I know you are running a business, but can you please refrain from plugging
: your wares EVERY time I mention the PSC1000 on this news group. You are
: tending to boor.

What outrageous nonsense.  Elizabeth's reply was on topic, and there
is absolutely no bar on commercial potings.  We benfit greatly from
input from companies posting here.

Andrew.

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cross-compiler for MOPS

Quote:

> What outrageous nonsense.  Elizabeth's reply was on topic, and there
> is absolutely no bar on commercial potings.  We benfit greatly from
> input from companies posting here.

Indeed. The only thing I could imagine is putting a "<shameless plug>"
tag around such offers ;-).

<shameless plug>

Gforth also offers cross compiling for the PSC1000 (ask Jens Wilke,

MacOS yet, porting it at least to MacOS X would be a breeze (as terminal
application, directly on Darwin). It also works on Linux for PowerPC,
and you might even have success in a Windows emulator. As SwiftX, it's
100% ANS compatible, and has traditional words like Vocabulary.

</shameless plug>

--
Bernd Paysan
http://www.jwdt.com/~paysan/

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cross-compiler for MOPS

Quote:

> What outrageous nonsense.

I don't quite see how it is "outrageous", surely I can have my say as well.

Quote:
> Elizabeth's reply was on topic, and there

The topic was cross-compilers for MOPS, she did not touch that 'topic'!

Quote:
> is absolutely no bar on commercial potings.  We benfit greatly from
> input from companies posting here.

> Andrew.

Have a nice day,
Bernie.

Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Ada compilers and cross-compilers

2. Compilers Windows NT or Cross Compiler SunSolaris2.5/Windows NT Fortran77

3. Smalltalk cross-compiler for Xbox?

4. Smalltalk -> C cross compiler

5. Cross-Compiler word set question

6. cross-compiler word set questions

7. Standard for Cross-Compilers?

8. Forth Cross-Compiler for the TMS320

9. CPM Forth Cross Compiler Help

10. Cross compiler wanted

11. Commercial 68HC16 FORTH cross compilers?

12. cross compilers