Mops object model for ANSI Forth
Author Message
 Mops object model for ANSI Forth

Several people have told me that they'd like to take me
up on my offer to make the (almost) complete Mops object
model available for ANSI Forth.

I originally did this last year as an enhancement to Andrew
McKewan's work in producing an OOP system for ANSI Forth,
and I naturally want to keep in step with what he's doing.
Andrew's work was still in alpha last year, but he's now
produced a release version which is on taygeta.

What I plan to do, then, is use Andrew's latest CLASS10.FTH
file as a base, and add the specific Mops enhancements, to
produce a file CLASM10.FTH which can be loaded in place of
CLASS10.FTH.

Since nothing stays the same, there are sure to be a few new
bugs that I'll have to chase down (in fact I know there's
one already :-(  ).  I'll also need to document what I've done.

Just looking at what I'm in the middle of - I'm doing
PowerPC/Mops stuff this weekend, then next weekend (Easter)
I'm having a few days away with my wife (one of the joys of
having kids old enough to leave!)  So I won't get much done
until after that.

So give me a few weeks, then hopefully I'll be able to
upload CLASM10.FTH, an updated test file, and a bit of
documentation.  You'll have to get hold of Andrew's other
files to make sense of it - this is intended as an adjunct
to Andrew's work, not a substitute.  So grab CLASS10.TXT
and CLASS10.ZIP from:

ftp://ftp.taygeta.com/Forth/ANSI/

Cheers,  Mike.

Wed, 08 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Mops object model for ANSI Forth

Quote:

>So grab CLASS10.TXT and CLASS10.ZIP from:

>ftp://ftp.taygeta.com/Forth/ANSI/

which of course should have been
ftp://ftp.taygeta.com/pub/Forth/ANS/

Cheers,  Mike.

Wed, 08 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANSI Model Forth

2. ANSI Model Forth

3. MOPS (an Object Oriented Forth for Macintosh)

4. Object models, Domain models, Application models, and MVC?

5. Object models, Domain models, Application models, and MVC?

6. Data Modeling/Object Modeling (was Re: [OT] RE: help -- persuade my boss to adopt ruby)

7. Take Forth's good points,... and MOPS

8. Take Forth's good points,... and MOPS

9. Dylan, MOP, object/relational mapping...

10. Objects and MOP

11. Models of iteration in ANSI Common Lisp

12. ANSI Portability and Improved Forth [sorry]