'wav' files reading
Author Message
 'wav' files reading

Hello,
I would like to be able to read and work with 'WAV' files type using
Win32forth.
As I was new in getting News groups, I miss (delete) messages about that
subject about 1 month ago.
As I'm going to work with these type of file, it would be very kind of you
to give me help in that domain.
Thanks beforehands!

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 'wav' files reading

Quote:

>Hello,
>I would like to be able to read and work with 'WAV' files type using
>Win32forth.

INTERNAL
WinLibrary WINMM.DLL
EXTERNAL

defer sounds    ( z"sound-file" - )

: sound_on  ( z"sound-file" - )
   SND_FILENAME NULL rot rel>abs call PlaySound drop ;

' sound_on is sounds
\ ' drop is sounds   \ turns the sound off

\ Z" D:\WIN311\Chimes.wav" sounds abort
\s
Jos

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 'wav' files reading

Quote:
>>I would like to be able to read and work with 'WAV' files type using
>>Win32forth.

>INTERNAL
>WinLibrary WINMM.DLL
>EXTERNAL

Hello,
It plays great. Thanks!
Now, I would like to work using that WINMM.DLL
Where could I find info's about internal functions of that DLL?
Functions descriptions, parameters to use, data returned, ...
I would like to concatenate, add, mix, analyze, etc... 'wav' files.

Christian

Thu, 28 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 'wav' files reading

Quote:

>Now, I would like to work using that WINMM.DLL
>Where could I find info's about internal functions of that DLL?
>Functions descriptions, parameters to use, data returned, ...
>I would like to concatenate, add, mix, analyze, etc... 'wav' files.

You need to get a Win32 API reference. I believe there is a free help file
available on the Inprise (Borland) web site. Or you can find an API book at
the bookstore.

Andrew

Thu, 28 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 'wav' files reading

Quote:

>>Now, I would like to work using that WINMM.DLL
>>Where could I find info's about internal functions of that DLL?
>You need to get a Win32 API reference. I believe there is a free help file
>available on the Inprise (Borland) web site. Or you can find an API book at
>the bookstore.

Thanks for your advices!
In fact, I'm still using WIN32 API Superbible (The Waite Group). The Inprise
help file is installed and I access it using Win32 forth.
I found no mention about that specific WINMM.DLL in these docs.
I would like to get the list and a description of all the functions embedded
into that specific DLL.
Could you help me a bit more!

Christian

Sun, 01 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 'wav' files reading
Try looking for the function "waveInOpen".

In my Visual C++ documentation it is under "Multimedia Reference" in the
Platform SDK section.

You can now download the Platform SDK from Microsoft (if you're patient) and
that should contain the help files.

Andrew

Quote:

>Thanks for your advices!
>In fact, I'm still using WIN32 API Superbible (The Waite Group). The
Inprise
>help file is installed and I access it using Win32 forth.
>I found no mention about that specific WINMM.DLL in these docs.
>I would like to get the list and a description of all the functions
embedded
>into that specific DLL.
>Could you help me a bit more!

Sun, 01 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 'wav' files reading

Quote:

> You can now download the Platform SDK from Microsoft (if you're patient) and
> that should contain the help files.

no. MS freebie downloads are usually free of documentation.

Sun, 01 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 'wav' files reading

Quote:

>> You can now download the Platform SDK from Microsoft (if you're patient)
and
>> that should contain the help files.

>no. MS freebie downloads are usually free of documentation.

It seems you're right. The documentation is available online in HTML, but
not as a single download (that I could find). Here is a quote from the msdn
section:

"Online Documentation
The Microsoft Platform SDK documentation is located in the SDK section of
MSDN Library Online. Access to MSDN Library Online

http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/isapi/goprem.asp?TARGET=/msdn/library/

is one of the benefits of becoming an MSDN Online Member. This is a FREE
service, and registration just takes a few minutes."

Mon, 02 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 'wav' files reading

Quote:

>>no. MS freebie downloads are usually free of documentation.

>It seems you're right. The documentation is available online in HTML, but
>not as a single download (that I could find).

Damn those Americans. Think that being online is free for everyone.

        Bart.

Tue, 03 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 'wav' files reading

Quote:
>Try looking for the function "waveInOpen".

>In my Visual C++ documentation it is under "Multimedia Reference" in the
>Platform SDK section.

Online Documentation
The Microsoft Platform SDK documentation is located in the SDK section of
MSDN Library Online. Access to MSDN Library Online

http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/isapi/goprem.asp?TARGET=/msdn/library/

"OK,  I'm going to register on MSDN and thereafter download (this night) the
"Multimedia Reference", looking for that specific wavelnOpen, then writing
some definitions (using Win32 forth of course)".
        Christian

Wed, 04 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 'wav' files reading

Quote:
>Hello,
>I would like to be able to read and work with 'WAV' files type using
>Win32forth.INTERNAL

WinLibrary WINMM.DLL
EXTERNAL

defer sounds    ( z"sound-file" - )

: sound_on  ( z"sound-file" - )
   SND_FILENAME NULL rot rel>abs call PlaySound drop ;

' sound_on is sounds
\ ' drop is sounds   \ turns the sound off

\ Z" D:\WIN311\Chimes.wav" sounds abort
\ More information at:
\ http://premium.microsoft.com/msdn/library/sdkdoc/multimed/wave_4i2b.htm
\s

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 'wav' files reading

   >Hello,
   >I would like to be able to read and work with 'WAV' files type using
   >Win32forth.
   >As I was new in getting News groups, I miss (delete) messages about
   >that subject about 1 month ago.
You should be able to find these by using www.dejanews.com.

Net-Tamer V 1.08X - Test Drive

Fri, 13 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Here's a way to store WAV files in EXE and play them

2. Wav File using computer's speaker

3. File Reading in 'J'

4. File reading and line continuation with '\'

5. Opening a file with ACTION='READ'

6. File Object -- function 'read'

7. Reading unformatted files 'bit a bit'

8. Reading fortran 'unformatted' binary files

9. reading 'stream_lz' data files

10. stream('file','c','seek ='x) problem

11. playing wav's within assembly

12. Combining Wav's