DELTA Forth 0.95 now available
Author Message
 DELTA Forth 0.95 now available

DELTA Forth 0.95 is now available. You may download your free copy from
http://www.*-*-*.com/

DF 0.95 includes the Algebraic to RPN/Forth Converter, utility that can
also be downloaded separately from http://www.*-*-*.com/

DELTA Forth was rated 5 stars at SuperShareware
(www.supershareware.com) and Top 25% at JARS (www.jars.com)

--
Valer BOCAN
Visit the home of the DELTA Forth compiler

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 30 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DELTA Forth 0.95 now available

Quote:
> An algebraic to Forth converter was published (in a few lines) by
>{*filter*} Pountain in Byte Magazine, January, 1988, p. 285. It achieved
> the simplicity by not implementing operator precedence (that is,
> * and / evaluated before + and - ). Precedence was established by
> parentheses.
> A more elaborate one that did implement operator precedence was
> published by me in Forth Dimensions some years ago. It was pre-ANS,
> but anyone who wants it is welcome.

Was that INTRAN (FD 15/3) ?

I tried implementing it to my forth but had some problems.
Were there any updates / bug fixes for INTRAN?

Anyone successfully convert INTRAN to another forth?

Ed

Thu, 14 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

"Ed"  writes:

> > An algebraic to Forth converter was published (in a few lines) by
> >{*filter*} Pountain in Byte Magazine, January, 1988, p. 285. It achieved
> > the simplicity by not implementing operator precedence (that is,
> > * and / evaluated before + and - ). Precedence was established by
> > parentheses.

> > A more elaborate one that did implement operator precedence was
> > published by me in Forth Dimensions some years ago. It was pre-ANS,
> > but anyone who wants it is welcome.

> Was that INTRAN (FD 15/3) ?

Yes. It was specific to HS/FORTH since ANS did not exist then.

Quote:
> I tried implementing it to my forth but had some problems.
> Were there any updates / bug fixes for INTRAN?
> Anyone successfully convert INTRAN to another forth?

> Ed

I am converting it to ANS Forth as a classroom exercise for my
Computational Methods course. If there is any interest I will
post the result.

--
Julian V. Noble

"Elegance is for tailors!"    -- Ludwig Boltzmann

Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DELTA Forth 0.95 now available

Quote:
> > Was that INTRAN (FD 15/3) ?

> Yes. It was specific to HS/FORTH since ANS did not exist then.

> I am converting it to ANS Forth as a classroom exercise for my
> Computational Methods course. If there is any interest I will
> post the result.

Please do!  - there seems to be never enough Forth source
code published these days.  I'm sure we can all learn from it.

regards,
Ed

Mon, 18 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Wafe 0.95 available (long)

2. DELTA Forth Alpha 0.5 Now Available

3. FORTH 97 is now DELTA Forth...

4. ANN: rlcompleter2 0.95 Interactive Completion

5. semi-[ANN] Ruby::RSS 0.95

6. XTDLIB 0.95 info

7. XTDLIB 0.95 released

8. WDOSX 0.95 released

9. ANNOUNCE: Release of NASM version 0.95

10. WDOSX 0.95 released

11. Problem from NASM 0.95 to 0.97

12. nasm 0.95