WinVIew colorizaton is neat
Author Message
 WinVIew colorizaton is neat

Tom Zimmer

Did you know that when I use the name of a word that is in the dictionary in
a comment they get printed in the color?

For example the sample text comments below like INCLUDED  get colorized.

Prerequsite files are
KEYS.F          Some short cut keys like BB for Browse.
CUSTOM.F        HOP over the first 16 charcters, part of an application
PAGE2.F         The code for CTL+PG-DN which is INCLUDED in the middle of the
                editor due to restrictons of vocabulary I guess.

Thu, 27 May 2004 09:28:12 GMT
 WinVIew colorizaton is neat
Hello John,

As described in this entry from WIN32FOR.NEW, the file WINVIEW.COL contains the
definition and documentation on how to change the colorizing done in WinView.

August 8th, 2000 - 14:43 tjz

WinView, which I have integrated into my latest sources.  A new file
WINVIEW.COL holds the keyword list, colors and method of colorization
indicators.  See that file for more information on how to add your own
keywords for a specific application.  A colorization enable/disable
button has been added to the preferences dialog.  It does not currently
handle multiple line comments, but that may come one day.  Thanks Brad!

Also, the colorizer is based on a dictionary of words to colorize, it does not
discriminate between words in definitions and words in comments.

I hope this helps,

Tom Zimmer

Quote:

> Tom Zimmer

> Did you know that when I use the name of a word that is in the dictionary in
> a comment they get printed in the color?

> For example the sample text comments below like INCLUDED  get colorized.

> Prerequsite files are
> KEYS.F          Some short cut keys like BB for Browse.
> CUSTOM.F        HOP over the first 16 charcters, part of an application
> PAGE2.F         The code for CTL+PG-DN which is INCLUDED in the middle of the
>                 editor due to restrictons of vocabulary I guess.

Sat, 29 May 2004 00:02:17 GMT
 WinVIew colorizaton is neat
Quote:

> Also, the colorizer is based on a dictionary of words to colorize, it does not
> discriminate between words in definitions and words in comments.

Not words in multi-line comments, anyway. Everything between ( and )
or after \ on the same line is green. The on_paint: method puts text
on the screen a line at a time, and I changed it to write in color.
Multi-line comments aren't so simple, since I'd have to handle the
case where the comment starts before the current screen area. I was
thinking of scanning the whole file at startup to tag each line as
comment / not comment but then I have to update the comment list
occasionally. It requires a lot more familiarity with the Winview
code. If Tom gives me a byte array of "comment" flags (one for each
line) and takes care of refreshing the list, I'll do the rest.

--
Brad Eckert

Sat, 29 May 2004 02:43:47 GMT

1. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

2. A patch for F12 in WinView

3. WinView 4.2 editor

4. Calling WinView using file associations

5. A question about WinView word CLOSE-TEXT

6. WinView improvements you can implement individually.

7. WinView and Win32Forth with fsave, applicaton and turnkey

8. WinView discussion between JP and TJZ

9. WinView changes

10. How to modify the WinView Editor in Win32Forth

11. Win32Forth WinView Editor word wanted eView

12. Win32Forth and WinView Editor windows are stuck together.