Commercial 68HC16 FORTH cross compilers?
Author Message
 Commercial 68HC16 FORTH cross compilers?

    We are considering using Motorola's 68HC16 rather than the 68HC11 on
our next embedded product (an ultrasonic flowmeter). We like FORTH and
use nothing else for our embedded software. Does anyone know of a a
commercial metacompiler available for the 68HC16?

Thu, 07 Aug 1997 05:17:28 GMT
 Commercial 68HC16 FORTH cross compilers?

Quote:
>     We are considering using Motorola's 68HC16 rather than the 68HC11 on
> our next embedded product (an ultrasonic flowmeter). We like FORTH and
> use nothing else for our embedded software. Does anyone know of a a
> commercial metacompiler available for the 68HC16?

New Micros (214/339-2204) has a 68HC16 package (NMIX-0026) with MaxForth on
board although the last version I received (1.2) was useable but required
modification to make what I consider to be a workable unit.

      R. W. "Dick" Fergus  |
      Astute Solutions     |    The eSSSence of engineering:
      (708) 629-5745       |    Serendipity and Sophisticated Simplicity

Fri, 08 Aug 1997 10:14:26 GMT
 Commercial 68HC16 FORTH cross compilers?

cross-compilers.

We offer one, our chipFORTH product.  It runs on a PC host, and connects
to the HC16 via the BDM (and PC's parallel port).  This makes a very fast,
convenient connection which is great for debugging.  We keep all heads and
the compiler on the host, so what's in the target is completely under your
control.  It includes complete source for the multitasking kernel.
Although it comes with a board (and you can buy more) it's easily
reconfigured to run on custom hardware, so you aren't tied to any
particular architecture.

Call us at 1-800-55FORTH and ask for Steve for more info, or email me your
FAX# and Steve will send a data sheet.

Cheers...

Elizabeth D. Rather               "Forth-based products and
FORTH, Inc.                        services for real-time
111 N. Sepulveda Blvd.  Suite 300  applications since 1973"
Manhattan Beach, CA  90266
800-55FORTH -- 310-372-8493
310-318-7130 FAX

Mon, 11 Aug 1997 07:37:17 GMT
 Commercial 68HC16 FORTH cross compilers?

Quote:
>     We are considering using Motorola's 68HC16 rather than the 68HC11 on
> our next embedded product (an ultrasonic flowmeter). We like FORTH and
> use nothing else for our embedded software. Does anyone know of a a
> commercial metacompiler available for the 68HC16?

MPE has a Forth 5 cross compiler for the 68HC16. Includes both a standalone
target, and an Umbilical Forth target, multitasker, floating point,
integrated development shell, manuals, support, etc

Please send me your postal address, and I'll send you a catalogue.
--

MicroProcessor Engineering - More Real, Less Time
tel: +44 1703 631441, fax: +44 1703 339691

Mon, 11 Aug 1997 18:34:03 GMT

1. Forth needed for 68HC16

2. Forth Cross-Compiler for the TMS320

3. CPM Forth Cross Compiler Help

4. FORTH Cross Compiler

5. Ada compilers and cross-compilers

6. Compilers Windows NT or Cross Compiler SunSolaris2.5/Windows NT Fortran77

7. 68hc16 eforth

8. Solicitation: COMMERCIAL Forth system blurbs for the FAQ

9. Commercial Forth for the VAX?

10. Commercial FORTH Info Needed

11. Commercial Forth systems