Mind.Forth robot AI is now similar to JavaScript AI
Author Message
 Mind.Forth robot AI is now similar to JavaScript AI

Mind.Forth AI for robots has been updated at

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~mentifex/mind4th.html and at

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~uj797/mind4th.html in conformance with

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~mentifex/jsaimind.html AI in JavaScript.

Anyone with Microsoft Internet Explorer may run the
AI in JavaScript simply by clicking on one of the above links,
while it is necessary to download Win32Forth to run Mind.Forth AI.

The Forth and JavaScript versions of the Artificial Mind
are being made as similar as possible for ease of understanding.

Arthur T. Murray
--
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~uj797/jsaimind.html -- JavaScript AI;
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;

Sat, 29 Nov 2003 17:58:46 GMT
 Mind.Forth robot AI is now similar to JavaScript AI

Quote:

> Mind.Forth AI for robots has been updated at
> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/mind4th.html and at

It seems to run on SwiftForth too, if you change the
'CLS' on line 690 to 'PAGE' ...

--
Douglas Beattie Jr.      http://www2.whidbey.net/~beattidp/

Sat, 29 Nov 2003 22:07:59 GMT
 Mind.Forth robot AI is now similar to JavaScript AI

Quote:

>> Mind.Forth AI for robots has been updated at
>> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/mind4th.html and at

> It seems to run on SwiftForth too, if you change the
> 'CLS' on line 690 to 'PAGE' ...

> --
> Douglas Beattie Jr.       http://www2.whidbey.net/~beattidp/

ATM:
Thank you for that helpful information.

Mind.Forth had not been updated since December of 2000,
because I had gone out and bought a fortune in JavaScript
books to teach me the language for porting Mind.Forth to
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/jsaimind.html AI in JavaScript.

People who see such a puny output from either program
may not realize why we may reasonably claim that it is a
true AI solution to the Strong AI problem.

Mind.Forth and "jsaimind.html" start from the utterly
fundamental components of a brain-mind -- the simulated
nerve-fibers -- and proceed to build up the skeletal,
unavoidable structure in mimicry of the great cortical
sheet of the human neocortex.

The beauty of recoding Mind.Forth in Web-easy JavaScript
(alas, currently only for MS IE and not for Netscape Navigator)
is that MS IE users may run the PD AI simply by clicking on
a link to the Artificial JavaScript Mind wherever they find
it on the Web (and please note its memetically metastatic screen),
and the Alife AI hops across the 'Net to run inside the browser.

Mind.Forth was ported over one year ago into Visual Basic at
http://www.virtualentity.com/mind/vb/ -- Mind.VB.

Now the JavaScript AI is being ported into a Java applet at
http://www.angelfire.com/nf/vision/jmind.html -- nicely done!

No matter who may complain about persistent Mentifex memes --
all of these efforts in PD AI are Open Source and free to all.

Arthur T. Murray

Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:11:28 GMT
 Mind.Forth robot AI is now similar to JavaScript AI

Quote:

> >> Mind.Forth AI for robots has been updated at
> >> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/mind4th.html and at

> > It seems to run on SwiftForth too, if you change the
> > 'CLS' on line 690 to 'PAGE' ...

> > --
> > Douglas Beattie Jr.       http://www2.whidbey.net/~beattidp/
> ATM:
> Thank you for that helpful information.

> Mind.Forth had not been updated since December of 2000,
> because I had gone out and bought a fortune in JavaScript
> books to teach me the language for porting Mind.Forth to
> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/jsaimind.html AI in JavaScript.

> People who see such a puny output from either program
> may not realize why we may reasonably claim that it is a
> true AI solution to the Strong AI problem.

> Mind.Forth and "jsaimind.html" start from the utterly
> fundamental components of a brain-mind -- the simulated
> nerve-fibers -- and proceed to build up the skeletal,
> unavoidable structure in mimicry of the great cortical
> sheet of the human neocortex.

> The beauty of recoding Mind.Forth in Web-easy JavaScript
> (alas, currently only for MS IE and not for Netscape Navigator)
> is that MS IE users may run the PD AI simply by clicking on
> a link to the Artificial JavaScript Mind wherever they find
> it on the Web (and please note its memetically metastatic screen),
> and the Alife AI hops across the 'Net to run inside the browser.

> Mind.Forth was ported over one year ago into Visual Basic at
> http://www.virtualentity.com/mind/vb/ -- Mind.VB.

> Now the JavaScript AI is being ported into a Java applet at
> http://www.angelfire.com/nf/vision/jmind.html -- nicely done!

> No matter who may complain about persistent Mentifex memes --
> all of these efforts in PD AI are Open Source and free to all.

> Arthur T. Murray

Basically, you are processing simple, pre-formatted high level
information using a low-level architecture based on neural fibers?
Sounds like a less effective version of neural networks to me...

It is not a solution to the strong AI problem because you have made no
meaningful statement about the operations of the mind, and the model
seems to be a combination of arbitrary biological modeling and level
confusion.

The real solution to the strong AI problem will be built on an
appropriate theory of the mind, and if we take any other approach, we
will be like the alchemists--trying out random combinations of
chemicals to produce gold. Keep in mind the alchemists failed. Only
when we understood radiation could we fulfill the dreams of the
alchemists. And we will only have a truly artificial intelligent being
when we stop jabbing in the dark and create a theoretical basis for
Artificial Intelligence.

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 01:35:29 GMT
 Mind.Forth robot AI is now similar to JavaScript AI
Surely poking in the dark is as good a place as any to poke right now.

Besides "a theoretical basis for Artificial Intelligence" already exists. We
have definitions of what intelligent behaviour is, and we can create
machines that execute programs that behave in intelligent ways.

What we don't have is much of an understanding of the human mind, yet it is
possible that we could create sophisticated intelligence without such an
understanding. For analogy we can use genetic algorithms to design things
for us, yet we may not understand how they work, only that they do.

Quote:

> The real solution to the strong AI problem will be built on an
> appropriate theory of the mind, and if we take any other approach, we
> will be like the alchemists--trying out random combinations of
> chemicals to produce gold. Keep in mind the alchemists failed. Only
> when we understood radiation could we fulfill the dreams of the
> alchemists. And we will only have a truly artificial intelligent being
> when we stop jabbing in the dark and create a theoretical basis for
> Artificial Intelligence.

Thu, 04 Dec 2003 13:14:36 GMT
 Mind.Forth robot AI is now similar to JavaScript AI

Quote:
> Surely poking in the dark is as good a place as any to poke right now.

> Besides "a theoretical basis for Artificial Intelligence" already exists.

ATM:
Please do a Web search on Mentifex to find full details of such a theory.

Quote:
> We have definitions of what intelligent behaviour is, and we can create
> machines that execute programs that behave in intelligent ways.

> What we don't have is much of an understanding of the human mind,
> yet it is possible that we could create sophisticated intelligence
> without such an understanding. For analogy we can use genetic
> algorithms to design things for us, yet we may not understand how
> they work, only that they do. [...]

The Artificial Mind in JavaScript has today been updated at
http://victoria.tc.ca/~uj797/jsaimind.html -- free AI source code.

Improvements were suggested by a programmer who was porting the AI into
http://www.angelfire.com/nf/vision/jmind.html -- a Mind.JAVA applet.

Mind.Forth free AI source code for robots is available online at
http://victoria.tc.ca/~uj797/mind4th.html -- in Win32Forth.

An early port into Visual Basic AI is on-line at
http://www.virtualentity.com/mind/vb/ -- Mind.VB

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 22:38:29 GMT

1. Mentifex AI in JavaScript and Mind.Forth for Robots

2. Exotic robot sensors in Mind.Forth PD AI

3. Main Screen of Mind.forth AI for Robots

4. Distribution of Amiga Mind.forth Robot AI

5. Opening Screen of Mind.forth Robot AI

6. Mind.Forth Robot AI Penultimate Release #27

7. Mind.Forth Robot AI Penultimate Release #27

8. Mind.Forth Robot AI Penultimate Release #27

9. Mind.VB initial translation/port of Mind.Forth PD AI

10. Robot AI Mind SVO (subject-verb-object) Module

11. Interaction with Robot AI Minds

12. Robot AI Mind Namespace