Gray - a parser generator in ANS Forth
Author Message
 Gray - a parser generator in ANS Forth

Gray is a parser generator written in Forth. It takes grammars in an
extended BNF syntax and generates recursive descent parsers as
executable Forth code.

I have now finished converting it and its example programs to ANS
Forth. You can get Gray by anonymous ftp from
server.complang.tuwien.ac.at:pub/forth/gray4.tgz (a gzipped tar file;
if anyone is interested in a pkzipped version, mail me and I will
create it (BTW, does anyone have pkzip for UNIX?))

- anton

Sat, 25 Jan 1997 01:03:10 GMT
 Gray - a parser generator in ANS Forth

AntonErtl>> create it (BTW, does anyone have pkzip for UNIX?))

Quote:
> I don't know if this is what you want but gzip will decompress PKzip
> filesv

Partly. From the gzip man page:

  Files created by zip can be uncompressed  by  gzip  only  if
  they  have  a  single member compressed with the 'deflation'
  method. This feature is only intended to help conversion  of
  tar.zip  files  to  the  tar.gz format. To extract zip files
  with several members, use unzip instead of gunzip.

So the right way is to use Info-ZIP's zip for general zip file manipulation
It can be found on many ftp-sites for example in

ftp://ftp.uu.net/pub/archiving/zip

Greetings,
           Ulrich

--
Ulrich Hoffmann, Uni Kiel        WWW: http://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~uho/

Preusserstr 1-9, D-24105 Kiel, Germany      Tel: +49 431 560426   Fax: 566143

Sat, 25 Jan 1997 21:53:42 GMT
 Gray - a parser generator in ANS Forth

Quote:

> create it (BTW, does anyone have pkzip for UNIX?))

I don't know if this is what you want but  gzip will decompress PKzip
filesv

Speaking only my own opinions I'm
Andrew Bartelt

Sat, 25 Jan 1997 21:59:20 GMT
 Gray - a parser generator in ANS Forth
|> Gray is a parser generator written in Forth. It takes grammars in an
|> extended BNF syntax and generates recursive descent parsers as
|> executable Forth code.
|>
|> I have now finished converting it and its example programs to ANS
|> Forth. You can get Gray by anonymous ftp from
|> server.complang.tuwien.ac.at:pub/forth/gray4.tgz (a gzipped tar file;
|> if anyone is interested in a pkzipped version, mail me and I will
|> create it (BTW, does anyone have pkzip for UNIX?))

gray4.zip on the server. Ulrich Hoffman has pointed out that there
exist free zip tools for UNIX.

BTW, apart from the port to ANS Forth, there are two notable changes
in this distribution: Gray is now distributed under the GNU General
Public License; and I have added semantic parsing conditions.

- anton

Sun, 26 Jan 1997 23:35:39 GMT
 Gray - a parser generator in ANS Forth
: I have now finished converting it and its example programs to ANS
: Forth. You can get Gray by anonymous ftp from
: server.complang.tuwien.ac.at:pub/forth/gray4.tgz (a gzipped tar file;
: if anyone is interested in a pkzipped version, mail me and I will
: create it (BTW, does anyone have pkzip for UNIX?))

A public "thank you" for doing this!

-David

David N. Williams             Phone:  1-(313)-764-5236

University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1120

Tue, 28 Jan 1997 01:08:31 GMT
 Gray - a parser generator in ANS Forth

|> gray4.zip on the server. Ulrich Hoffman has pointed out that there
|> exist free zip tools for UNIX.

Unfortunately, that zip file (~20KB) did not work right. I have now
made one myself (~32KB) and put it on the ftp server. Here's the
address again and make sure to transfer in binary mode:

ftp://server.complang.tuwien.ac.at/pub/forth

- anton

Mon, 27 Jan 1997 23:09:13 GMT

1. gray: a parser generator in forth

2. ANS Forth in ANS Forth?

3. parser generator in forth available

4. Parser Generator/Scanner Generator for Scheme?

5. Wanted: parser-generator/lexical-analyser-generator outputting Scheme

6. Ertl's "Gray" parser generator for Forth, version 2...

7. Gray parser where ?

8. Question : Gray Code Generator

9. ans forth link broken at forth.org

10. comp.lang.forth FAQ: ANS Forth (7 of 7)

11. Implementing ANS Forth Wordlist(s) in Forth-83

12. Forth books (was "ANS Forth")