Where can I get the BASIC or FORTH versions of Zilog Z8671?
Author Message
 Where can I get the BASIC or FORTH versions of Zilog Z8671?

Has anyone got a lead on a supplier of the Z8671 microprocessor?
This microprocessor can be hooked up with few discrete circuitry
and give a *working* computer with BASIC or FORTH programming
environment.  I am more interested in the FORTH version, but I
will take the BASIC one also.  I need address and phone please.
Note this is the same chip that Circuit Cellar author Steve Ciarcia
featured in Byte Magazine in 1983.  :-)

Thanks in Advance.
--
Kenneth Lee Atchinson

Standard Disclaimers Apply.

Mon, 05 Jun 1995 07:39:31 GMT
 Where can I get the BASIC or FORTH versions of Zilog Z8671?

Quote:
> Has anyone got a lead on a supplier of the Z8671 microprocessor?
> I am more interested in the FORTH version, but I
> will take the BASIC one also.

Z8671 is the part number for a Z8 with BASIC in ROM.  I'm not aware
that Zilog ever released a Z8 with Forth in ROM; but if they did, I'm
sure they'd have given it another part number.  The BASIC interpreter
is somewhat slow but useable for many control applications.  I built a
disk exerciser jig (among other things) with them.

Phone Zilog at 408-370-8000 and ask for the name of a distributer in
your area.

--
"Eventually, I decided that thinking was not getting me very far and it
 was time to try building."           -- Rob Pike, The Text Editor sam

Fri, 09 Jun 1995 02:22:35 GMT

1. Forth for the Zilog Z8

2. Forth for ZILOG Z8681

3. Forth For Zilog Z8 micros

4. Getting Forth related files (was: Forth primer/teaching Forth)

5. Canon Cat Forth - Getting in/out of Forth

6. Forth For begginners and old forth versions

7. getting the icons used in Real Basic

8. getting started on basic language

9. newbie question on lists, getting an error on basic addition

10. Getting User Name With Apache Basic Authentication

11. CA Cans VO ?

12. It's not bad canned meat...