forth to ladder
Author Message
 forth to ladder

to elizabeth rather - j riley suggested i contact you about a forth to
relay ladder program - can you give me any details - sounds very exciting

Fri, 16 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 forth to ladder

Quote:

>to elizabeth rather - j riley suggested i contact you about a forth to
>relay ladder program - can you give me any details - sounds very exciting

Riley is probably thinking of our EXPRESS industrial controls product.  It doesn't
exactly translate Forth to relay ladder logic, but rather performs direct control
of I/O (most common industrial I/O systems supported) from a 386+ PC with
performance generally better than ladder logic.  The control programming is done
in a special language designed for controls engineers who aren't really
programmers.  The logic is expressed in English-like rules, e.g.:

If MotorFeedback is on then
    running to state  on to Conveyor
      await ConveyorFeedback on within 3 seconds ;

These rules are processed by a rule-based inference engine.  The overall system is
similar to the text-based language described in IEC 1131, the proposed standard
for industrial controls.

There's more info on our web page, http://www.earthlink.net/~forth or phone us at
800-55FORTH or 310-372-8493.

Cheers...

Fri, 16 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Ladder for PLCs?

2. wanted: ladder diagram to C converter

3. Ladders

4. Needed: Ladder Logic to State Graph Program

5. Needed: Ladder Logic to State Graph Program

6. Getting Forth related files (was: Forth primer/teaching Forth)

7. Forth in Forth vs. Forth in assembly language

8. Forth in Forth vs Forth in assembly

9. Forth in Forth vs. Forth in assembly language

10. ans forth link broken at forth.org

11. Forth Dimensions, SIG Forth newsletter

12. C->FORTH FORTH->C Translators