ALIGN
Author Message
 ALIGN

Quote:
> > ...when you <BUILDS things, you need to align it.  And, if the word

>Actually, that's not true, if the system implementor did things right.  The
>last word-aligned system I used automatically ALIGNed before every CREATE.
>This forced the parameter field to an even address (which was required for the
>thread of a colon definition). So, DOES> always returned an aligned address,
>and the user didn't have to worry about it.
>Strings compiled in-line were always padded to an even number of bytes; this
>required a small bit of additional logic in the run time code which advances
>the IP over the string, but it was invisible to the user.  (In-line byte
>parameters were forbidden, no great loss.)

1) I think the loss of the ability to compile bytes is a great loss.
2) How about
: DATA CREATE ALLOT ( NAME ) , ( AGE ) ;
15 30 DATA NAME_1

Just putting 15 won't work. SPARCs have 4-bytes alignement restriction too, for
example. And on and on. And RECORD structures ARE VERY USEFUL.

                              (8-DCS)
Daniel C. Sobral

Tue, 03 Aug 1993 04:27:00 GMT

1. ALIGN and ALIGNED words

2. Ctrl+R aligns line right in workspace (german keyboard)

3. aligning rows with headings

4. broken align right in editfield?

5. Solution to left align

6. Text Align in EditField

7. How to locate right aligned columns

8. Align problem

9. Align problem in report

10. Align controls during resize?

11. How to right-align tree

12. Weird Problem--align toolbox Poof Gone!