Forth on HP Palmtop
Author Message
 Forth on HP Palmtop

Has anyone written applications for the HP Palmtop in Forth? If so any
problems?
--
john somerville B.C. Hydro
affiliations FIG Forth Interest Group

Mon, 28 Aug 1995 13:04:42 GMT
 Forth on HP Palmtop
: Has anyone written applications for the HP Palmtop in Forth? If so any
: problems?

Assuming you mean the HP 95LX, I played around with one a year or two
ago.  We were investigating porting one of our serial drivers for
Allen-Bradley PLCs to this gizmo as part of a project, and I brought
up LMI UR/Forth on it to do some testing.  While I didn't have any
problems with Forth itself, the early 95LX model we were working with
proved unsuitable.  The "HOPPER" chip, which handles the serial port
amongst other things, was seriously flawed prior to revision C.

If you need a routine to determine whether HOPPER is pre-rev C, let
me know, I'm sure I've got it around here somewhere yet...

Cheers,
Dave Ruske            ...!uwm.edu!moci!dave       GEnie: D.RUSKE1

Tue, 29 Aug 1995 01:52:13 GMT
 Forth on HP Palmtop

Quote:

> Has anyone written applications for the HP Palmtop in Forth? If so any
> problems?
> --
> john somerville B.C. Hydro
> affiliations FIG Forth Interest Group

Essex makes a Forth for the HP-95LX called UTIL.  They probably have
applications that they have written.  We are trying to get them to write
about UTIL and the HP-95 experience for Forth Dimensions.  They can be
reached at:

Essex Marketing Services, Inc
272 Old Farms Rd
Simsbury, CT  06070
(203) 651-8284
(203) 676-9481 fax

                             John D. Hall

Tue, 29 Aug 1995 02:30:13 GMT

1. APL on the HP-100LX palmtop

2. HP Palmtop, or other PDA

3. Pygmy for the HP 100LX palmtop

4. Forth for Win CE Palmtops?

5. About Palmtops and forth

6. Palmtops in one hand and forth another hand

7. UTIL FORTH on a Palmtop PC

8. want TSR Forth for HP95LX palmtop (MS-DOS)

9. FORTH-83 for the HP95LX palmtop.

10. Palmtops and Forth

11. Palmtops and Forth

12. Accessing Forth in hp-25 calculcator?