Mind.VB initial translation/port of Mind.Forth PD AI
Author Message
 Mind.VB initial translation/port of Mind.Forth PD AI

Mind.VB artificial intelligence has been posted to the Web at URL
http://www.*-*-*.com/ 's website.

The initial version 2.Apr.2K is a translation or port of the code
http://www.*-*-*.com/ : public domain AI.

Since Mr. Boardman is a busy person who has graciously undertaken
the arduous translation of the still very preliminary Mind.Forth,
please take care not to pester Rick with inquiries but please in-
stead conduct any warranted discussion in the open Usenet forums.

--
Why do so many of the Greats of AI have four-letter names?
Alan, Andy, Bart, Bill, Dave, Doug, Drew, Hans, Harv, Jeff,

Fri, 20 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Mind.VB initial translation/port of Mind.Forth PD AI
Do you know other aliens?  Or are you the only one who posts to newsgroups?

-John

Mon, 23 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Mind.VB initial translation/port of Mind.Forth PD AI
First I apologize for the cross-posting..  Usually I don't do this but this
post does pertain to all listed newsgroups.
Mind.Forth and Mind.VB are experimental applications to proof and help
develop the Theory of Mind.  PDAI is Public Domain Artificial Intelligence.
We would love your input!

The Forth code and documentation of the theory can be found at
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7256/mind4th.html
The VB code can be found at http://www.virtualentity.com/mind/vb

To John:
ok..  I guess the control didn't work for you?  Is there something
specifically not working?

To Others:

comp.lang.forth
was excellent at providing a Forth newbie help.  (Thank you very much!)  I
have successfully transported the Mind.Forth application to Visual Basic!
As I build programs that are similar or make modifications to the current
one I will do my best to provide a Forth version as well.

comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
I personally love it when I can find other peoples ideas and see those ideas
expressed in documentation and code!  I would also greatly appreciate any
help that can be givin to improve my code and coding style.  (for example
how can I get around the problem of single instance WithEvents??)

comp.programming
If any of you are interested in porting the application to yet other
languages please let us know!

comp.robotics.misc and comp.software-eng
I am currently experimenting with some similar applications that will
provide examples for pattern recognition and that hopefully will be easily
integrated with other aspects of the existing software.  Another reason we
are including you in these posts is our understanding that Mind.Forth is
being in some robots.

I'm going to be putting more code and controls on the web.  Starting with
http://www.virtualentity.com and then expanding to a couple other domains I
have.  Is there any specific type of control that you would like to see?
Any suggested categories?

I'm also very interested in improving both my code and coding style so any
feedback is greatly appreciated
--
* Rick Boardman
* http://www.NetBotics.com

* Time is Money.
* I am giving You my time.

Quote:
> Do you know other aliens?  Or are you the only one who posts to
newsgroups?

> -John

Mon, 23 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Mind.VB initial translation/port of Mind.Forth PD AI

Quote:
> What is this program?  Is it useful to try to add this to my robot
> behavior library?

> Alan

http://www.virtualentity.com/mind/vb/ : Mind.VB in Visual Basic is
the newest port of a public domain artificial intelligence (PD AI).

http://www.geocities.com/mentifex/mind4th.html : Mind.Forth is the
free AI source code with explanatory documentation on the Web.

http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/mindrexx.html : Mind.Rexx of 26nov1994
in Amiga ARexx was the granddaddy of them all, a kludgy spaghetti-
code hodge-podge of AI algorithms that nobody should try to run
until it perhaps some day gets ported BACK TO ITSELF.

http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~phoenix/vinge/vinge-sing.html is the
Technological Singularity of Vernor Vinge -- an explanation of
what we can expect from the PD AI and its ilk in the future.

http://www.geocities.com/mentifex/index.html : The Cyborg Syllabus
is where people can find and read the Fifth AI Document (Know Thy-
Self!) -- the Theory of Mind upon which these PD AI programs are
based and which is currently the subject of much discussion.

Tue, 24 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Exotic robot sensors in Mind.Forth PD AI

2. Financing the Mind.Forth PD AI project

3. Sensory grounding of Mind.Forth PD AI

4. Mind.Forth PD AI System Diagram

5. Mind.Forth PD AI (LONG but FREE)

6. Mind.Forth PD AI: 10.Aug.1999 Progress Report

7. Grand Challenge of Mind.Forth Y2K PD AI

8. Mind.Forth PD AI (LONG but FREE)

9. Mind.Forth PD AI: 10.Aug.1999 Progress Report

10. Mind.Forth AI is being ported to Java (tm)

11. Mind.Forth AI is being ported to Java (tm)

12. Porting Mind.Forth AI to COBOL