FIGI-L Access
Author Message
 FIGI-L Access

Hi,

Ever since Pedro Sanchez took over the running of FIGI-L, the Internet/
ForthNet connection.  Moving it to the University of Sao Poulo, I have
recieved between *VERY* little or *NO* mailings :-{

Now, I know that people have not stopped using ForthNet, so I was
wondering if some kind soul would take the trouble to send me
instructions on how to re-register myself with the FIGI-L.
This is particularly important as I have changed addresses, and as far
as I know the old address is still registered!

Could people please reply to me directly, at the address given below,
as I am currently unable to read the newsgroup.

This message has been posted for me by a friend with the nessary access.

--
Peter J Knaggs                Computing Science, University of Paisley,

Ps: For the record the FIGI-L entry in the `List of Lists' mail list
directory still has Lee Brotzman as coordinator!

Sat, 02 Dec 1995 18:25:45 GMT
 FIGI-L Access

Quote:

>Ever since Pedro Sanchez took over the running of FIGI-L, the Internet/
>ForthNet connection.  Moving it to the University of Sao Poulo, I have
>recieved between *VERY* little or *NO* mailings :-{

As near as I can tell, FIGI-L is dead.  Since our machine, SCFVM, was unplugged
and the list moved to Brazil, the connection to Usenet was disrupted and never
reestablished which effectively stopped all traffic.  I feel bad about it,
since I ran the list for a couple of years.  However, my life has moved on since
then and there is simply nothing I can do about it.

Quote:
>Ps: For the record the FIGI-L entry in the `List of Lists' mail list
>directory still has Lee Brotzman as coordinator!

So *that's* why I get subscription requests every few months or so!  It's been
so long since I had anything to do with BITNET mailing lists, does anyone know
the address of the maintainer of the 'list of lists' so I can correct this
misinformation?
--

-- Hughes STX                         DECNET:    NDADSA::BROTZMAN

Tue, 05 Dec 1995 09:40:42 GMT

1. Accessing DIR or LS results in Regina REXX

2. Figi-L/Usenet connection

3. Figi-L/Usenet connection

4. Figi-L Message Forwarder

5. Figi-L Message Forwarder