Pseudo-code primitives
Author Message
 Pseudo-code primitives

Does anyone out there know where I can find some background information
on pseudo-code primitives such [assign(identifier)the value
of(indentifier)], [while(condition)do(activity)],
[if(condition)then(activity)else(activity)], and
[repeat(activity)until(condition)]. Preferably, web sites where I can
view examples on how each one of them are used.

Fri, 29 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Pseudo-code primitives

Quote:

>Does anyone out there know where I can find some background information
>on pseudo-code primitives such [assign(identifier)the value
>of(indentifier)], [while(condition)do(activity)],
>[if(condition)then(activity)else(activity)], and
>[repeat(activity)until(condition)]. Preferably, web sites where I can
>view examples on how each one of them are used.

Well, since you asked in a Forth group, note that Forth prioritizes
things a bit differently. Assignment is not of primary importance.
The state-change analagous to an assignment in C is stack manipulation
in Forth. Also, in a Forth, in my Forth-like thing anyway, the
primitives are the least pseudo part of the code.

If you're looking for a concise set, start with the ANS Forth Core
wordset. Then I'd add some OS services, since portability seems to
be more of an issue when you have existing systems you want an easy
port to. By comparison, if you try to reduce C to portable p-codes,
you get C. If you want OS services you can get a subset of libc,
but C itself doesn't reduce much. Which is why Forth is prioritized
differently. The contents of the ANS Core wordset is an elegant
thing.

Rick Hohensee

p.s. well, maybe C reduces to BCPL, with a type assumption or s
something.

Sat, 30 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. pseudo-code primitives

2. Writing assembler code/pseudo code

3. pseudo code template

4. pseudo-code languages

5. Pseudo Random coding problem

6. Pseudo Assembly code - How to convert to the real thing

7. Pseudo-Code (and flow-charting)

8. A pseudo-coded biography

9. HW support for primitives (was Re:Graphics Primitives)

10. ST/V 286 primitive assist code available...

11. WANTED: gostscript primitives for the atariST in 4-83 code

12. New AJLogo primitives and code for Tuzova/Katz art gallery