Student seeks advice from FORTH community
Author Message
 Student seeks advice from FORTH community

                                                        February 9, 1993

To whom it may concern:

     Hello, I am a senior computer science major at Bowling Green State
University (BGSU) in Bowling Green, Ohio.  I am currently enrolled in a
computer science class in which we are evaluating the four major programming
language paradigms.  As a requirement of the class, each student must give a
presentation on a little known programming language.  I chose to present
Forth to my classmates; I am in need of a shareware (free) version of Forth
for my PC compatible 386sx computer to demonstrate some of the powerful
features of the Forth language.  I would be grateful to hear from anyone who
has any information on this subject.  In addition, I am very interested to
hear what anyone else feels are the strong points of the Forth language.  I
would like to thank everyone in advance for their cooperation.

                                        Chris Kear
                                        Computer Science major
                                        BGSU

Sat, 29 Jul 1995 23:24:40 GMT
 Student seeks advice from FORTH community

Quote:

>      Hello, I am a senior computer science major at Bowling Green State
> Forth to my classmates; I am in need of a shareware (free) version of Forth
> for my PC compatible 386sx computer to demonstrate some of the powerful

>                                    Chris Kear
>                                    Computer Science major
>                                    BGSU

In the FAQ that get posted here you want to look for the ftp or mail sites
that are available.  You are probably looking for F-PC, a version of Forth
that is written for the PC.

If ftp is not available to you, send me your mail address and I will have
FIG mail you a copy.

John D. Hall, President
Forth Interest Group
P.O. Box 2154
Oakland, CA  94621
(510) 893-6784, Fax (510) 535-1294

Sun, 30 Jul 1995 05:50:45 GMT

1. lazy student seeks shortcut when assigning vectors

2. student seeking unix compiler

3. Student seeking knowledge with RM/COBOL-85

4. Student seeking for knowledge

5. AI Faculty Members and Doctoral Students sought

6. The Forth community

7. The Forth community

8. seek advice on mac vs 486 for apl

9. Interpreter advice sought.

10. Advice to Companies Seeking Consultants

11. Advice sought...

12. Advice sought on selling Source & Copyright