tetris
Author Message
 tetris

dz> last weekend I wrote a very very useful program. I tried to do
dz> it in pure dpANS Forth so it can hopefully be used on many many
dz> computers out there. Because it is so extraordinarily important
dz> (and short) I included it in this message below.
dz> begin 644 tt.4th.gz
dz> M'XL("$JCI2T"`W1T+G!F90"M&FMSV[CQ,_4KUN[TTL:F(\F/Y!+;<:Y)9M(F

Dirk, I checked the date of your message (8 Apr 94) but this
isn't an April fools thing.  However, my ANS Forth refuses to
read in this admirably compact looking block listing, as there
aces in it and the wordnames get too long :-)

When I run the thing through UUDECODE first (that's the useful
t weekend, write a UUDECODE in ANS Forth), I
can only find one readable string. It says "tt.pfe". The rest is
(presumably) a binary image for some processor.  Could you be so
kind as to upload the ASCII text of your TETRIS program? I'd
really like to test my ANS Forths with some code *somebody else*
wrote ...

- marcel

Thu, 26 Sep 1996 15:12:02 GMT
 tetris

Quote:
> dz> begin 644 tt.4th.gz
> dz> M'XL("$JCI2T"`W1T+G!F90"M&FMSV[CQ,_4KUN[TTL:F(\F/Y!+;<:Y)9M(F

Er, run the thing through "gunzip" after uudecoding.  It's a
compressed file.  (gunzip is GNU software, avail at prep.ai.mit.edu)
--
Darin Johnson

  - Grad school - just say no.

Fri, 27 Sep 1996 06:03:13 GMT
 tetris

Quote:

> When I run the thing through UUDECODE first (that's the useful
> t weekend, write a UUDECODE in ANS Forth), I
> can only find one readable string. It says "tt.pfe". The rest is
> (presumably) a binary image for some processor.

No, it's gzip'd ASCII.  Find (or make ;[) a gzip for your platform, and
    gzip -d tt.4th.gz
(assuming tt.4th.gz is what came out of uudecoding).  BTW Dirk those of us
not blessed with Un*x systems can experience problems when filenames have
more than one full stop in them.

I was able to produce a highly readable listing, but Zenforth 1.18\beta
can't grok it.

   Ignore my broken mailer - the addresses above are the only truth
Wear your propeller with pride!

Fri, 27 Sep 1996 21:32:10 GMT
 tetris

Quote:

>Er, run the thing through "gunzip" after uudecoding.  It's a
>compressed file.  (gunzip is GNU software, avail at prep.ai.mit.edu)

Didn't work for me.  gunzip said 'multiple records in file' and did
NOTHING.  Why?  I don't know!

-Billy

Sun, 29 Sep 1996 01:18:03 GMT
 tetris

: No, it's gzip'd ASCII.  Find (or make ;[) a gzip for your platform, and
:     gzip -d tt.4th.gz
: (assuming tt.4th.gz is what came out of uudecoding).  BTW Dirk those of us
: not blessed with Un*x systems can experience problems when filenames have
: more than one full stop in them.

Hello Chris,

My sole intention was to reduce network load. The uncompressed source
is about twice as long (9 K). I'm not shure if I should post it again
in readable format.

: I was able to produce a highly readable listing, but Zenforth 1.18\beta
: can't grok it.

Well, that's not the problem of tetris but of Zenforth :-). But you
should be able to adapt it easily. Probably the only problems are due
to other naming of Words in the dpANS (e.g. [CHAR] for ASCII and the
like, I don't know what standard ZenForth follows). No substantial new
language features are used.

Regards,

Dirk

---
Dirk Zoller / Ruedesheimer Strasse 81 / 68309 Mannheim / Germany
Phone:    +49-621-724311

Tue, 01 Oct 1996 00:54:46 GMT

1. TETRIS PROGRAMMED IN SMALLTALK FOR VISUALWORKS 2.5

2. CwTris - a tetris game written CW

3. Tetris for LabVIEW

4. Tetris in Clipper anyone?

5. Compiling Tetris

6. Games for SystemV4: Tetris & Minesweeper

7. Tetris (next release) and some questions

8. Tetris for System3 2.0

9. Tetris is broken?

10. tetris game

11. The 256 bytes Tetris compo