8051 forth?
Author Message
 8051 forth?

Did anyone ever find the sources to a forth for an 8051?  I have seen 10
questions at least but no answers on this newsgroup.

Sun, 01 Aug 1993 07:45:56 GMT
 8051 forth?

Quote:
> Did anyone ever find the sources to a forth for an 8051?  I have seen 10
> questions at least but no answers on this newsgroup.

There have been posts about Forths for the 8051 recently, but they have
probably expired.  If you want email copies, you can request either or both
of the following from me:

    8051eforth.zip      - C. H. Ting's Eforth for the 8051
    xd8051.zip          - Paulo A. D. Ferreira's F-PC cross developement system

    Or you can get them from GEnie.

To get them as UUencoded email, drop me a note at either:

    OR  {uunet,sei,pitt}!willett!dwp

    You MUST include the file name(s) you want AND your
    Internet/Well-known-UseNet-site-relative email address in the BODY
    of the message.

I'll check in FIG's library on GEnie and see if there are any other
8051 files and post a followup in a day or two.

-Doug

---

Sun, 01 Aug 1993 20:24:19 GMT
 8051 forth?

Quote:

>Did anyone ever find the sources to a forth for an 8051?  I have seen 10
>questions at least but no answers on this newsgroup.

        Sure, download FORTH51.ZIP and the other ZIP files constituting
the material W. H. Payne promised in his popular _Embedded Control Forth
for the 8051 Family_ from my BBS , The RealTime Control & Forth Board,
(303) 278-0364 3/12/24 24 hours, the Rocky Mountain States most popular
Forth and Control BBS since 1988.

                =jax=
--
# ..!apple!dunike!nyx!koscej!jax       # "Therefore, the L-RD G-d  #
# ..!hplabs!hp-lsd!oldcolo!jax         #   sent him FORTH ..."     #

Wed, 04 Aug 1993 03:56:23 GMT
 8051 forth?

 > Did anyone ever find the sources to a forth for an
 > 8051?  I have seen 10 questions at least but no answers
 > on this newsgroup.

     If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd appreciate
whatever information you find on the subject.  I've recently
joined a company that is using the 8051 in a project, and
programming in assembly language isn't any fun.  I'd prefer
to work with Forth, if possible.

     Ideally, this system would let me develop code on our
IBM-pc's, cross-compile to the 8051, and then execute it
there.

     Additionally, I would also appreciate any information
people may have on Z-80 Forth interpreters.  Yeah, I know
about figForth and the various public domain systems, but I
need something that's supported.  I also need to develop on
our IBM-pc's.

     I'd be happy to give more details if necessary.
Basically, we use 8051 and Z-80's as controllers for
stand-alone products.

     My address is (I assume) attached to this message
somehow (I'm entering this from Fidonet node 1:260/201, and
I'm not sure of the trivia behind my address).

     Additionally, people can contact me by voice with
(716)/244-8496.

John Passaniti - via FidoNet node 1:260/230
UUCP: ...!rochester!ur-valhalla!rochgte!201!John.Passaniti

Wed, 04 Aug 1993 14:31:00 GMT

1. Payne's 8051 Forth system

2. Anyone recommend a good 8051 Forth?

3. 8051: Forth vs. *