FORTH for the Mac
Author Message
 FORTH for the Mac

On Sun, 6 Dec 1992 05:35:38 -0400 Roderick Pemberton said:

Quote:
>      Is anyone familiar with an archive/ftp site where I can download the
>FORTH programming language?

SIMTEL20. Try:

                              (8-DCS)

Thu, 01 Jun 1995 04:14:58 GMT
 FORTH for the Mac
In comp.lang.forth you write:

Quote:
>On Sun, 6 Dec 1992 05:35:38 -0400 Roderick Pemberton said:
>>      Is anyone familiar with an archive/ftp site where I can download the
>>FORTH programming language?
>SIMTEL20. Try:

>                              (8-DCS)

Read the FAQ files and download the MOPS freeware.  I think you'd better
also read the comp.lang.forth.mac

Fri, 02 Jun 1995 21:11:21 GMT
 FORTH for the Mac

Quote:
Roger Pemberton writes:
>      Is anyone familiar with an archive/ftp site where I can download the
>FORTH programming language?

Try Yerk or Mops.  Both are descendants of Neon, and fully support the
Mac OS right up to System 7.  They're available for ftp from

They are OOP, but will run straight Forth OK.  Mops is fairly close to
ANSI already, and the next version will have a short file you can load
to give full ANSI compatibility.

--  Mike.

"Wisdom has never been known to enter the head through an open mouth"
-- overheard somewhere.

Sat, 03 Jun 1995 18:14:49 GMT
 FORTH for the Mac

Quote:

>Try Yerk or Mops.  Both are descendants of Neon, and fully support the
>Mac OS right up to System 7.  They're available for ftp from

Of course I meant oddjob.uchicago.edu.

--  Mike.

"Wisdom has never been known to enter the head through an open mouth"
-- overheard somewhere.

Sun, 04 Jun 1995 09:19:51 GMT

1. Visible Applications in Forth (was Re: Realizing project in Forth with the Mac)

2. Forth on the Mac, April, 2002

3. Realizing project in Forth with the Mac

4. Q: f68KANS Forth port for Macs?

5. ANSI compliant Forth for Power Mac?

6. forth on the mac

7. Forth and the Mac