Forth for MIPS (WAS: Forth on a PDA)
Author Message
 Forth for MIPS (WAS: Forth on a PDA)

Thanks for all the responses so far.
Is there a Forth for a MIPS processor,
more particular, for a Toshiba TX39 series one
(MIPS R3000a look-a-like)?

Or is there an assembler for such a beast written in Forth?

Mon, 19 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Forth for MIPS (WAS: Forth on a PDA)

Quote:

> Thanks for all the responses so far.
> Is there a Forth for a MIPS processor,
> more particular, for a Toshiba TX39 series one
> (MIPS R3000a look-a-like)?

> Or is there an assembler for such a beast written in Forth?

I've seen something for MIPS, but never tried.

http://www.delosoft.com/ub/UltraBoard.cgi
"dsForth/1 info and downloads
dsForth/1 compiler, dsNotepad, MIPS and SH3 disassemblers"

http://www.koenig.ru/win/cherezov/sp-forth.html
dsForth
32-... Windows CE / MIPS, ... 01.02.1999

Just in case:
http://www.translate.ru/  (does not require Javascript)
http://www.rustran.com/   (requires Javascript)

----

The right question is half the answer

(Rustran translates: "Correct question -- half of the answer" )

Mon, 19 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Forth for MIPS (WAS: Forth on a PDA)

Quote:

>Is there a Forth for a MIPS processor,

Gforth runs on MIPS processors (tested on a DecStation/Ultrix and an
SGI/IRIX); probably other C-based Forth systems as well.  And then
there is RAFTS and IIRC Penio Penev's native-code system, but both are
not distributed.

Quote:
>Or is there an assembler for such a beast written in Forth?

Gforth-0.5.0 has an assembler and a disassembler for MIPS-I without FP
instructions.

- anton

Mon, 19 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Forth for MIPS (WAS: Forth on a PDA)
Quote:

>Thanks for all the responses so far.
>Is there a Forth for a MIPS processor,
>more particular, for a Toshiba TX39 series one
>(MIPS R3000a look-a-like)?

MPE has done a cross compiler for the MIPS 3000 and 4000
families.

tel: +44 (0)2380 631441, fax: +44 (0)2380 339691
web: http://www.mpeltd.demon.co.uk - free ProForth downloads!

Tue, 20 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Forth for PDA?

2. Forth on a PDA

3. FORTH for PDA's

4. Forth on ARM-based/Tungsten Palm PDA?

5. Getting Forth related files (was: Forth primer/teaching Forth)

6. Forth in Forth vs. Forth in assembly language

7. Forth in Forth vs Forth in assembly

8. Forth in Forth vs. Forth in assembly language

9. FORTH for SPARC OR MIPS

10. Forth on Mips RISC

11. Mips Forth

12. Am I missing something in forth!