HELP! FP-C / PASM Assembler Question
Author Message
 HELP! FP-C / PASM Assembler Question

I'm trying to embed some assembly into some Forth code (and yes, I have to
do this, not write it in Forth).  I'm trying to use the OUT instruction
to the effect of OUT # $70, al.  It figures out the the opcode should be
$E6, but never plugs the $70 into the operand field of the instruction.
I've tried various combinations (All in Prefix notation), to no avail.  I'm
hoping someone out here in Netland can help.  The FP/C version is 3.60,
and whatever version of PASM comes with it.  I've tried PASM386, but it
gets errors loading under 3.60.  I'm new enough at Forth that I can't figure
out what might cause the assembler to not behave properly.  It might be
important to remember that OUT $xx, al is the only instruction in the 8086
instruction set that has a number as the first operand field.  The OUT DX, AL
version works fine (but I need to not use DX).

                - John Wren

If replies can be e-mailed, it would be greatly appreciated.  Because this
system runs NNTP, the building of the NN database can lag days behind the
actual net, as it's connected through a mere 28.8K link.

Mon, 12 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP! FP-C / PASM Assembler Question

: I'm trying to embed some assembly into some Forth code (and yes, I have to
: do this, not write it in Forth).  I'm trying to use the OUT instruction
: to the effect of OUT # $70, al.  It figures out the the opcode should be
: $E6, but never plugs the $70 into the operand field of the instruction.
: I've tried various combinations (All in Prefix notation), to no avail.

How about:

   HEX  E6 C,  70 C,

Or just write a little helper:

HEX
: OUT#  ( n -- )  E6 C,  C,  ;

Or, try to figure out the prefix assembler. HA!

--
Andrew McKewan

Mon, 12 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. FPC Pasm and variables

3. Power Assembler 1.2 for Win32 released - http://pasm.cjb.net

4. cross assemblers have been around for a long time: was(Re: PASM V's PBIN)

5. Newbie assembler language question,pls help.

6. Newbie assembler language question,pls help.

7. More than two FP-TB-3 with FP-TC-120

8. Potential FPC 3.55 VIRUS, PLEASE READ if you have FPC 3.55

9. OO and FP (was subtyping in FP)

10. FP Component Libraries? (FP vs OOP)

11. FP to FP Binary/Hex

12. New Nudds Challenge: Write PASM