Announcement: TpForth 3.0 released!
Author Message
 Announcement: TpForth 3.0 released!

Dear Sir or Madame,

this is an announcement of the latest version (3.0) of TpForth available
at: http://www.*-*-*.com/

The Project

The TpForth project is an effort to produce a comprehensive development and
run-time environment for industrial systems, based on Forth. The project
aims to develop a visual IDE with CASE and project management support, code
analysis and native code generation, based on a portable real-time VM
supporting distributed and parallel applications. Wide-ranging libraries
including HMI, SCADA and networking support are planned, along with
comprehensive documentation and tutorials.

The Product

The current project status is represented by the TpForth system which you
can now download from http://www.*-*-*.com/
open and royalty free system basically made of two components: TpForth
Developer Studio and TpForth Real Engine. The former is an application
designed for Microsoft Windows? that allow users to write multithreaded
FORTH programs and their interactive symbolic debug in real time. The latter
is a multitasking engine that allows the real time execution and debug of
FORTH programs on the target hardware architecture.

TpForth is a cooperative project developed and supported using the Internet.
The
project will continue to evolve with very careful attention to user
requirements.

Below are listed updates to the previous release (2.7).

Best Regards,

////////
Updates 3.0 (TRE = TpForth Real Engine; TDS = TpForth Developer Studio)
////////
*Written TpForth user reference (introduces user with TpForth possibilities
through one Forth source example) and added to help
*Added support for target selection directives on Forth source level and
updated documentation and help
*Added support for text interpreter directives (nested conditional
compilation of Forth source) and updated documentation and help
*Added support for dynamic setting of multitasking starvation rate
*Added support for conditional breakpoints (with Forth source sequence as
condition) and updated documentation and help
*Added support for double integer variables and constants (TpForth library,
TDS watching) and updated documentation and help
*Forth local variables are modified according to ANSI standard (more
powerful and flexible) and updated documentation and help
*Added support for watching of Forth constants as Forth variables (because
they can also be changed by compiler extension words)
*postscript graphic subsystem adopted to work with floating point numbers -
result with faster and more precise drawing
*PostScript refreshing of drawing objects is highly optimized for speed -
results with drawing without flickering
*Improved some old and added new Forth source examples (elevator, tasker,
pragma-test, etc.)
*Many examples rewritten to work in nice PostScript graphic form
*Fixed a couple of infrequent bugs during extensive testing of TpForth
system
*Properly handling of breakpoints after real time modification that adds or
removes Forth source lines
*Try-catch closure handles now successfully even Call Stack Overflow run
time error
*The names of Forth files, words and variables may contain now comma
character (used as separator in protocol messages)
*Undo and redo editor actions supported for block operations that change
Forth source (cut, paste,
delete, auto-suggest, replace)
*Tested and adjusted border conditions for many editor actions (syntax
coloring, block selecting, auto-suggesting)
*TRE source reorganized for maximal readability and clarity (TRE source will
be available for porting on other target platforms)
*Written TRE porting reference and added to help
*TpForth communication protocol reference added to help
*TpForth installation erases previous registry information in order to
assure fully-initialized system
*Added "Uninstall" option to TpForth installation
*TRE source code (core + shell for Simulator) added to TpForth installation
*MDI version of TRE well-tested and added to TpForth installation (as
default one for Simulator)

Tue, 05 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Announcement: TpForth 3.0 released!

Quote:
> <snip>

The English version of the TechnoPoint site appears to be in a state of disrepair, making it very difficult to obtain information via many of their menu links.

-BobC

Tue, 05 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Announcement: TpForth 3.0 released!
On Fri, 17 Sep 1999 03:16:24 -0700, "Robert W. Cunningham"

Quote:

>> <snip>

>The English version of the TechnoPoint site appears to be in a state of disrepair, making it very difficult to obtain information via many of their menu links.

Actually, all the language pages are broken. If I could get to any of
them, with the possible exception of the Japanese page, I could
probably fake my way through. I'm sure I could handle just about
anything reasonable in French. Maybe not Proust or something as
colloquial as a comic book, but I wouldn't expect that here.

In the meantime, you can download:

http://www.technopoint.net/tpforth/disks/disk1.zip
http://www.technopoint.net/tpforth/disks/disk8.zip

However, eventually you are going to have to get to their registration
page so they can email you a free key code that you will need when you
run setup.

Tue, 05 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Announcement: TpForth 3.0 released!
On Fri, 17 Sep 1999 03:16:24 -0700, "Robert W. Cunningham"

Quote:

>> <snip>

>The English version of the TechnoPoint site appears to be in a state of disrepair, making it very difficult to obtain information via many of their menu links.

He just corrected the link under the U.S. flag. It had been:

http://www.technopoint.net/tpforth3/eng/index.html

and it is now:

http://www.technopoint.net/tpforth/eng/index.html

(no "3" after the "tpforth")

Tue, 05 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VO Tools(tm) Release 3.0/3.1 Product Announcement

2. TpForth 3.2 announcement

3. TpForth 3.1 announcement

4. Announcement: TpForth 2.6 in now available

5. Announcement: TpForth project

6. TpForth 3.2 update 1 has been released

7. Gawk 3.0 announcement

8. Announcement - Bistro 3.0 Available

9. ANNOUNCEMENT: BinProlog 3.0

10. Followup to tkhylafax 3.0 announcement

11. Source Tracking System 3.0 released

12. ElastoLab 3.0 released