Forth & WinCE?
Author Message
 Forth & WinCE?

Ok, I know I started the thread about forth and comparing its
functionality to forth. I have been offered a project writing
an application on a WinCE (I think 'wince' is appropriate) and
if the client does not specifiy then I may do it in forth. Here
is a practical example (I don't have the requirements yet) of
an application that I need to write that I might otherwise
use vc++ :(. Is there a forth on WinCE? (Barbara?)

Are there any tips for doing forth while wince'ing?

What about connecting to some sort of ODBC interface to sync
the PDA to an oracle/sybase/access/informix/etc database?

Mike

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 02:48:36 GMT
 Forth & WinCE?

Quote:

> use vc++ :(. Is there a forth on WinCE? (Barbara?)

I meant Elizabeth (Rather)... someone walked up at time and I typed the
wrong name. :(

Mike

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 03:08:40 GMT
 Forth & WinCE?

Quote:

> > use vc++ :(. Is there a forth on WinCE? (Barbara?)

> I meant Elizabeth (Rather)... someone walked up at time and I typed the
> wrong name. :(

> Mike

Sorry, we have not addressed WinCE.

Cheers,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth D. Rather   (US & Canada)       800-55-FORTH
FORTH Inc.                                      +1 310-491-3356
5155 W. Rosecrans Ave. #1018  Fax: +1 310-978-9454
Hawthorne, CA 90250
http://www.forth.com

applications since 1973."

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 03:37:17 GMT
 Forth & WinCE?
Andrey Cherezov at his team at www.delosoft.com has ANSI
Forth compilers for _all_ Win32 devices including Windows CE.
They've devised the compilers so that they're source code
compatible on all Win32 devices.

dsForth also library compatible with spForth 3.75 which has
some ODBC stuff in Andrey Cherezov's directory (~ac) in the
spf 3.75 package.

You can get SPF 3.75 at:

http://www.forth.org.ru/~ac/spf/spf375-089.rar

Post a question on the support forum on www.delosoft.com.

They also have an open source optimizing native code complier at:

 spf.sourceforge.net.

They claim it's the fastest. It's is on my PCs. Running their
benchmarks.  ;)

Glen Paling

Quote:

> Ok, I know I started the thread about forth and comparing its
> functionality to forth. I have been offered a project writing
> an application on a WinCE (I think 'wince' is appropriate) and
> if the client does not specifiy then I may do it in forth. Here
> is a practical example (I don't have the requirements yet) of
> an application that I need to write that I might otherwise
> use vc++ :(. Is there a forth on WinCE? (Barbara?)

> Are there any tips for doing forth while wince'ing?

> What about connecting to some sort of ODBC interface to sync
> the PDA to an oracle/sybase/access/informix/etc database?

> Mike

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 00:40:29 GMT

1. FORTH on WinCE systems?

2. FORTH for WinCE?

3. WinCE Forth?

4. ANS Forth & Compatable Forth

5. AT&T & Forth

6. Any plans to support PocketPC/WinCE?

7. Smalltalk for WinCE

8. Where is Squeak for WinCE/HP320?

9. ST for WinCE?

10. Clipper applications running on WinCE

11. Who needs SQL Anywhere Studio with WinCE support?

12. ruby on mips wince