Win32Forth Version 6.01 is ready 
Author Message
 Win32Forth Version 6.01 is ready

Win32Forth Version 6.01 is ready at
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Look for:
w32Forth_v6p01.exe

It is an auto install

One new feature is sub directorys for  src  demos  htm  extras
Another is the patch box, which I am still learning about.

John Peters



Fri, 01 Apr 2005 12:17:05 GMT  
 Win32Forth Version 6.01 is ready
Is this an "official" version of Win32Forth?



Quote:
> Win32Forth Version 6.01 is ready at
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=55294

> Look for:
> w32Forth_v6p01.exe

> It is an auto install

> One new feature is sub directorys for  src  demos  htm  extras
> Another is the patch box, which I am still learning about.

> John Peters



Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:23:04 GMT  
 Win32Forth Version 6.01 is ready
Quote:

> Is this an "official" version of Win32Forth?

I didn't know there was a referee.

My Win32forth programs compile fine with it. It has more documentation
now. I noticed that WinEd has multi-line comment colorization, which I
never got around to implementing. It uses comment: comment; but should
include others like (( )).

It looks like John is cleaning things up and making Win32forth more
user friendly.



Tue, 12 Apr 2005 00:38:05 GMT  
 Win32Forth Version 6.01 is ready

Quote:

> Is this an "official" version of Win32Forth?



> > Win32Forth Version 6.01 is ready at
> > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=55294

> > Look for:
> > w32Forth_v6p01.exe

> > It is an auto install

> > One new feature is sub directorys for  src  demos  htm  extras
> > Another is the patch box, which I am still learning about.

> > John Peters

I should have some time tonight or later to find Toms letter of

It is as official as it will get since Tom Zimmer retired from most
all activity in Win32Forth.

I should have some time tonight or later to find Toms letter of
transfer of



Tue, 12 Apr 2005 05:05:36 GMT  
 Win32Forth Version 6.01 is ready
Thanks for the clarification.

I was curious as there was nothing in the readme file (startup.txt ?)

It would be worth adding a few lines of info at the top of the file
e.g. current date, version no., maintainer(s), distribution site(s),
where to send bug reports etc.

The lack of this info and that no copy had been sent to the Taygeta
archive made me wonder whether it was just a personalised version.

Good luck with the project.

Ed




Quote:
> > Is this an "official" version of Win32Forth?



> > > Win32Forth Version 6.01 is ready at
> > > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=55294

> > > Look for:
> > > w32Forth_v6p01.exe

> > > It is an auto install

> > > One new feature is sub directorys for  src  demos  htm  extras
> > > Another is the patch box, which I am still learning about.

> > > John Peters

> I should have some time tonight or later to find Toms letter of

> It is as official as it will get since Tom Zimmer retired from most
> all activity in Win32Forth.

> I should have some time tonight or later to find Toms letter of
> transfer of




Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:49:19 GMT  
 Win32Forth Version 6.01 is ready


Quote:
> Thanks for the clarification.

> I was curious as there was nothing in the readme file (startup.txt ?)

I think we're correcting that shortly. Documentation (as per usual) lags
everything else.

Quote:

> It would be worth adding a few lines of info at the top of the file
> e.g. current date, version no., maintainer(s), distribution site(s),
> where to send bug reports etc.

The goals of the project are fairly nebulous (as is the membership of the
"developer group") but one criteria we have set ourselves is that existing
TJZ 4.2 apps should continue to run with as few changes as possible (ideally
none), and that we retain the support of TJZ and other Win32Forth users with
this approach. Testing in a larger community is always desirable, and if any
bugs are found, we'd be grateful if they were posted to

used for distribution only.

Quote:
> The lack of this info and that no copy had been sent to the Taygeta
> archive made me wonder whether it was just a personalised version.

There are a few active developers (me for one) that intend releasing quite a
few versions over the next few months.
Should we send a copy? Can we send regular version updates?

Quote:

> Good luck with the project.

Thanks. Will you use?

Quote:

> Ed

---
Regards
Alex McDonald


Wed, 13 Apr 2005 07:32:53 GMT  
 Win32Forth Version 6.01 is ready


Quote:

> [snip]

> There are a few active developers (me for one) that intend releasing quite a
> few versions over the next few months.
> Should we send a copy? Can we send regular version updates?

I'm a 'newuser' and wouldn't be of much use as a tester etc but thanks
for the offer.

While I can't speak for everyone, I'd probably prefer to see fairly
stable, documented versions going out to the public, even if that
meant infrequent releases.

regards,
Ed



Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:38:50 GMT  
 Win32Forth Version 6.01 is ready
Quote:

> Thanks for the clarification.

> I was curious as there was nothing in the readme file (startup.txt ?)

----------- See the end of this note --------

Quote:
> It would be worth adding a few lines of info at the top of the file
> e.g. current date, version no., maintainer(s), distribution site(s),
> where to send bug reports etc.

> The lack of this info and that no copy had been sent to the Taygeta
> archive made me wonder whether it was just a personalised version.

> Good luck with the project.

> Ed





> > > Is this an "official" version of Win32Forth?



> > > > Win32Forth Version 6.01 is ready at
> > > > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=55294

> > > > Look for:
> > > > w32Forth_v6p01.exe

> > > > It is an auto install

Get a new copy of STARTUP.TXT here.  It is independant of the version.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/win32forth/files/Developer/Main%20Patch...



Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:54:45 GMT  
 Win32Forth Version 6.01 is ready
Quote:
> Get a new copy of STARTUP.TXT here.  It is independant of the version.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/win32forth/files/Developer/Main%20Patch...
6.02%20Patches%20/Startup.txt

The link doesn't work!



Mon, 18 Apr 2005 01:56:28 GMT  
 Win32Forth Version 6.01 is ready
It moved. Try this:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/win32forth/files/Developer/Main%20Mod%2....
02%20Patches%20/Submissions/Startup.txt

It will probably move again!


Quote:
> > Get a new copy of STARTUP.TXT here.  It is independant of the version.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/win32forth/files/Developer/Main%20Patch...

Quote:
> 6.02%20Patches%20/Startup.txt

> The link doesn't work!

---
Regards
Alex McDonald


Mon, 18 Apr 2005 04:23:48 GMT  
 
 [ 10 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. APL 6.01 (DOS) and WinXP

2. APL 6.01 (DOS) and WinXP

3. Easysoft ODBC for Interbase 6.01 - 0.044

4. DESPERATE: DirectX\DirectInput with LV 6.01

5. convert 6.1 to 6.01

6. Intel Fortran 6.01 and SuSE 8.1

7. Mcafee 6.01 slowing down PC ?

8. Win32Forth Version 3.2 Released (short version)

9. New version of Dynamic is ready

10. MicroSoft Windows LOGO version 2.0 is ready

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software