Mops [Bug fix]
Author Message
 Mops [Bug fix]

Category 7,  Topic 40
Message 24        Mon Aug 17, 1992
M.HORE [Mike]                at 05:28 EDT

  Hi all Mops users:

Doug Hoffman and I have found and fixed yet another minor bug in the Scroller

Method GETRECT: should now be:

    get: viewRect  put: tempRect
    get: vscroll?  get: hscroll?  or
    if  16  nil?: ^myView +  dup  stretch: tempRect  then
    get: tempRect  ;m

This will correct some anomalies when Scrollers appear inside Scrollers.  Not
the most common occurrence, but it can happen.

For those who are interested (if you're not, you can stop reading now!), the
problem was that getrect: needs to return not the viewrect itself, but the
larger rect which *includes* the scroll bars.  The viewrect for Scrollers
*excludes* the bars. It's a bit tricky.

getrect: is called on subviews to work out how big they are, so the bars need
to be included; but the viewrect itself is used to set the clip area when
drawing -- we don't want to draw over the bars.

So getrect: can't just return the viewrect for Scrollers -- it needs to return
the bigger rect which includes the bars.  I'd originally forgotten this -- or
more likely, never thought of it at all!!

Cheers,   Mike.
This message came from GEnie via willett.  You *cannot* reply to the author
using e-mail.  Please post a follow-up article, or use any instructions
the author may have included (USMail addresses, telephone #, etc.).

Fri, 03 Feb 1995 20:15:16 GMT

1. Mops 2.3 bug fixed

2. Mops AppleEvent bug fix

3. Mops - selection framework fix

4. Fixed bugs = More bugs + Monkey V

5. bug fix for Python bug 537450 in 2.2.2 does break some existing code

6. Possible fix for Bug 494589 - os.path.expandvars bug

7. Bug #1464 in bug database is *not* fixed in Tcl/Tk 8.3.2

8. BUG: itcl2.2/tk4.2 canvas postscript output bugs (and fixes)

9. Mops bug

10. Mops - AppleEvent bug

12. Squeak Bug Fixing Party at OOPSLA 2001