Forth for Hewlett-Packard 680X0 computers?
Author Message
 Forth for Hewlett-Packard 680X0 computers?

We are looking for alternate environments for several HP 9000/300
computers; the current version of HP-UX (Unix) cannot run effectively
on them because they cannot be expanded beyond 7.5MB RAM.  These
computers use either the Motorola 68020 or 68030 CPU.  The potential
application is instrument monitoring via a built-in IEEE-488 interface.

I understand that many versions of Forth are designed to be hosted by
an underlying operating system, but that there have been
implementations which include a (perhaps minimal) operating system.
Are there any such implementations which might be able to run on the
HP 9000/300?  Minumum I/O requirements would include interfaces for
HP-IB (IEEE-488) or SCSI disks and an RS-232C serial driver.

Please e-mail any responses.

Jim McCauley, Learning Products Engineer    **   I do not speak for   **
(that means that I write documentation)     ** Hewlett-Packard in any **

Wed, 05 Jul 1995 03:17:44 GMT

1. HEWLETT PACKARD HELP

2. news-relayFrom: kers@uk.co.hewlett-packard.hpl (Chris Dollin)

3. news-relayFrom: kers@uk.co.hewlett-packard.hpl (Chris Dollin)

4. Eiffel for embedded systems at Hewlett-Packard

5. ASIC Job, Hewlett Packard, Spokane WA

6. ASIC Manager - Hewlett Packard Spokane, WA

7. ASIC Job, Hewlett Packard, Spokane WA

8. ASIC Manager - Hewlett Packard Spokane, WA

9. ASIC design Hewlett-Packard Spokane

10. Ada Job: Europe - Hewlett-Packard

11. Hewlett-Packard announces Fortran 90

12. Awesome opportunity at Hewlett Packard's Open Service Operation