Looking for Canon Cat manual (hardcopy or digital format)
Author Message
 Looking for Canon Cat manual (hardcopy or digital format)

Quote:

> Looking for Canon Cat manual (hardcopy or digital format)

> I'm looking for a manual for the Canon Cat (a strange little computer
> made only in 1987). I would take an original, a paper copy, or a
> digital scan (PDF etc). If you have a manual but you don't want to
> part with it, I would love to borrow it to scan it!

> this to avoid spam robots)

I know this is a <late> follow up, but I hadn't been watching the Forth
group for quite some time...

Did you ever find what you needed/wanted and/or are you still
interested?  I actually <do> still have a working Canon Cat (our Forth
group bought a bunch when they were being liquidated as a group
project)  I would consider loaning the manual if I were <sure> to get it
back in good shape.  I also have a typewritten couple of pages that
describes how to get to the Forth interpreter and a <tiny> little bit
about the graphics words, etc...

Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:46:49 GMT
 Looking for Canon Cat manual (hardcopy or digital format)

Quote:

> > Looking for Canon Cat manual (hardcopy or digital format)

> > I'm looking for a manual for the Canon Cat (a strange little computer
> > made only in 1987). I would take an original, a paper copy, or a
> > digital scan (PDF etc). If you have a manual but you don't want to
> > part with it, I would love to borrow it to scan it!

> > this to avoid spam robots)

> I know this is a <late> follow up, but I hadn't been watching the Forth
> group for quite some time...

> Did you ever find what you needed/wanted and/or are you still
> interested?  I actually <do> still have a working Canon Cat (our Forth
> group bought a bunch when they were being liquidated as a group
> project)  I would consider loaning the manual if I were <sure> to get it
> back in good shape.  I also have a typewritten couple of pages that
> describes how to get to the Forth interpreter and a <tiny> little bit
> about the graphics words, etc...

I think this may be the person I contacted several months ago. I sent him a
photocopy of some material I had, but it didn't seem to get through (and
neither did a couple of attempts at faxing it). I suppose it's worth asking
if he would like me to try again, so I'm ccing him this. PML.

--
GST+NPT=JOBS

I.e., a Goods and Services Tax (or almost any other broad based production
tax), with a Negative Payroll Tax, promotes employment.

See http://users.netlink.com.au/~peterl/publicns.html#AFRLET2 and the other
items on that page for some reasons why.

Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:05:08 GMT
 Looking for Canon Cat manual (hardcopy or digital format)

Quote:

> > Looking for Canon Cat manual (hardcopy or digital format)

> > I'm looking for a manual for the Canon Cat (a strange little computer
> > made only in 1987). I would take an original, a paper copy, or a
> > digital scan (PDF etc). If you have a manual but you don't want to
> > part with it, I would love to borrow it to scan it!

> > this to avoid spam robots)

> I know this is a <late> follow up, but I hadn't been watching the Forth
> group for quite some time...

> Did you ever find what you needed/wanted and/or are you still
> interested?  I actually <do> still have a working Canon Cat (our Forth
> group bought a bunch when they were being liquidated as a group
> project)  I would consider loaning the manual if I were <sure> to get it
> back in good shape.  I also have a typewritten couple of pages that
> describes how to get to the Forth interpreter and a <tiny> little bit
> about the graphics words, etc...

Hi
 I've figured out how to get into the Forth mode ( but not back
out ). I can get back to the editor but can turn off the Forth
calculating mode. I'd be interested in any information on the structure
of this Forth, graphcs and or anything about the disk I/O.
I'd also be interested in anything about the printer interface
and if it is reconfigurable for different printers ( other
than the ones in the setup ).
 Anything about the vocabulary structure would be great as well.
There doesn't seem to be any 'vlist' or 'words' so seeing what
is there is a little tough.
Dwight

Wed, 11 Jan 2006 01:17:17 GMT
 Looking for Canon Cat manual (hardcopy or digital format)

Quote:

> > > Looking for Canon Cat manual (hardcopy or digital format)

> > > I'm looking for a manual for the Canon Cat (a strange little computer
> > > made only in 1987). I would take an original, a paper copy, or a
> > > digital scan (PDF etc). If you have a manual but you don't want to
> > > part with it, I would love to borrow it to scan it!

> > > this to avoid spam robots)

> > I know this is a <late> follow up, but I hadn't been watching the Forth
> > group for quite some time...

> > Did you ever find what you needed/wanted and/or are you still
> > interested?  I actually <do> still have a working Canon Cat (our Forth
> > group bought a bunch when they were being liquidated as a group
> > project)  I would consider loaning the manual if I were <sure> to get it
> > back in good shape.  I also have a typewritten couple of pages that
> > describes how to get to the Forth interpreter and a <tiny> little bit
> > about the graphics words, etc...

> Hi
>  I've figured out how to get into the Forth mode ( but not back
> out ). I can get back to the editor but can turn off the Forth
> calculating mode. I'd be interested in any information on the structure
> of this Forth, graphcs and or anything about the disk I/O.
> I'd also be interested in anything about the printer interface
> and if it is reconfigurable for different printers ( other
> than the ones in the setup ).
>  Anything about the vocabulary structure would be great as well.
> There doesn't seem to be any 'vlist' or 'words' so seeing what
> is there is a little tough.
> Dwight

Oh gosh...I said I <have> it, not that I've done anything with it in a
buncha' years! ;^)

I'll dig out and see what I have and see if there's anyway summarize
it.  Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner so that's out for an easy way
to get from the Xerox pages I do have.

As for the printer I don't have any additonal information.  I have not
been successful in the few tries I made to use anything else on the
p-port.

I will look at and post how to get to/from Forth mode--I just don't
recall the magic incantation otoh... :)

Wed, 11 Jan 2006 05:52:47 GMT

1. Looking for Canon Cat manual (hardcopy or digital format)

2. Looking for Canon Cat

3. Canon Cat

4. to Martin Rowland re: Canon Cat

5. Canon Cat Forth - Getting in/out of Forth

6. FORTH & Canon Cat

7. Instructors Manual for Digital Systems Design Using VHDL

8. CAP manual in PDF format

9. The GAWK Manual in texinfo format.

10. Fivewin manual in Word format

11. Wanted: miranda manual in tex- or pretty-format

12. VA PL/I for OS/390 - Free Manuals in PDF Format