Looking for Canon Cat manual (hardcopy or digital format)
Author Message
 Looking for Canon Cat manual (hardcopy or digital format)

Looking for Canon Cat manual (hardcopy or digital format)

I'm looking for a manual for the Canon Cat (a strange little computer
made only in 1987). I would take an original, a paper copy, or a
digital scan (PDF etc). If you have a manual but you don't want to
part with it, I would love to borrow it to scan it!

this to avoid spam robots)

Sun, 08 May 2005 07:02:45 GMT
 Looking for Canon Cat manual (hardcopy or digital format)

Quote:

> Looking for Canon Cat manual (hardcopy or digital format)

> I'm looking for a manual for the Canon Cat (a strange little computer
> made only in 1987). I would take an original, a paper copy, or a
> digital scan (PDF etc). If you have a manual but you don't want to
> part with it, I would love to borrow it to scan it!

> this to avoid spam robots)

I've got a set: a Reference Guide, a How-To Guide and an instant help card.
Someone in San Diego was kind enough to send me them when I asked the same
things in 1994. It wouldn't be right to return his kindness by giving his
contact details here, so I'll forward the cc copy to the old email address
and to the fax details he gave on the off chance he is still reachable.

As for those other kinds of copies, I'm a bit concerned about the copyright
issues and anyway it would be hard to get physical material to you unless by
some weird chance you happen to be in Melbourne yourself. You should also
know, the documentation is incomplete in various programmer-oriented
respects, e.g. it doesn't tell you how to use the graphics or get at the
underlying Forth (Jeff Raskin emailed me something about that).

Why the interest? Do you actually have a physical Canon Cat? I was hoping to
use some concepts from it and from the Sinclair Z88 to design a front end for
various things, but I never had enough time. PML.

--
GST+NPT=JOBS

I.e., a Goods and Services Tax (or almost any other broad based production
tax), with a Negative Payroll Tax, promotes employment.

See http://users.netlink.com.au/~peterl/publicns.html#AFRLET2 and the other
items on that page for some reasons why.

Wed, 11 May 2005 15:02:39 GMT

1. Looking for Canon Cat manual (hardcopy or digital format)

2. Looking for Canon Cat

3. Canon Cat

4. to Martin Rowland re: Canon Cat

5. Canon Cat Forth - Getting in/out of Forth

6. FORTH & Canon Cat

7. Instructors Manual for Digital Systems Design Using VHDL

8. CAP manual in PDF format

9. The GAWK Manual in texinfo format.

10. Fivewin manual in Word format

11. Wanted: miranda manual in tex- or pretty-format

12. VA PL/I for OS/390 - Free Manuals in PDF Format