Turnkey applications in F-PC
Author Message
 Turnkey applications in F-PC

Would someone please give me a detailed explanation of how to make a
turnkey application with F-PC. The explanation in chapter 9 of the
help files that came with F-PC are not clear enough. I tried to do it
verbatim, but it was unsuccessful.

Wed, 20 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Turnkey applications in F-PC

Quote:
> Would someone please give me a detailed explanation of how to make a
> turnkey application with F-PC. The explanation in chapter 9 of the
> help files that came with F-PC are not clear enough. I tried to do it
> verbatim, but it was unsuccessful.

I haven't tried the "turnkey" function. After loading the application
files, I just use, for example:

' start is boot

where "start" includes a begin-again loop which executes the application.
This replaces the default "hello" startup display, and seems to work
as one would expect. ("Boot" is a deferred word in "cold". Try "debug
cold", "cold", and trace the action through the boot process.)

The "fsave" of the manual has been replaced by "save-exe", which
saves the full system. This can be used after loading the application
files: you don't need to modify F-PC.SEQ other than to strip out
redundant utilities.

Hope this helps

Mike Beach

Wed, 20 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Turnkey applications in F-PC

Quote:

> Would someone please give me a detailed explanation of how to make a
> turnkey application with F-PC. The explanation in chapter 9 of the
> help files that came with F-PC are not clear enough. I tried to do it
> verbatim, but it was unsuccessful.

try:

' START IS BOOT   SAVE-EXE MYAPP.EXE

This does the minimal things, it points the turnkey BOOT to my
application
START then it saves an EXE file that I have named MYAPP.  When MYAPP.EXE
runs it will do the normal F-PC initialization and then run my START.

http://www.dnai.com/~jfox/ |

Corporation                              |

Wed, 20 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. FPC applications for the PC

2. Turnkey application encryption schemes?

3. Q: Turnkey Applications?

4. Everything you EVER DID is STILL STORED IN YOUR PC ( g029 fs)

5. Potential FPC 3.55 VIRUS, PLEASE READ if you have FPC 3.55

6. Ans Cross SAVE or TURNKEY

7. WinView and Win32Forth with fsave, applicaton and turnkey

8. Turnkey forth apps

9. Problem with ChooseColor in Win32Forth Turnkey

10. turnkey and minimalizing in PFE

11. Aztec Forth for Win95 1.04 with TURNKEY etc

12. turnkey apps