Another GForth question...
Author Message
 Another GForth question...

How do I get a listing of GForth's vocabulary search order?  Thanks.

--
KC5TJA/6, DM13, QRP-L #1447
Samuel A. Falvo II

Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:57:21 GMT
 Another GForth question...

Quote:
> How do I get a listing of GForth's vocabulary search order?  Thanks.

order

gives you the search order (the last one with some spaces in between is
CURRENT).

--
Bernd Paysan
http://www.jwdt.com/~paysan/

Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:31:39 GMT
 Another GForth question...

Quote:
>order

>gives you the search order (the last one with some spaces in between is
>CURRENT).

And the first one is the first one searched (i.e., the top of the
ALSO/PREVIOUS stack).  This backwards order is required by the
standard.

- anton
--
M. Anton Ertl  http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/home.html

Fri, 12 Mar 2004 18:26:07 GMT
 Another GForth question...

Quote:

>>order

>>gives you the search order (the last one with some spaces in between is
>>CURRENT).

>And the first one is the first one searched (i.e., the top of the
>ALSO/PREVIOUS stack).  This backwards order is required by the
>standard.

Bahh!  I looked and looked and looked for this yesterday, but couldn't find
it in the Forth Programmer's Handbook.  I look today, and it's sitting right
there.  Stuff like that just ticks me off.  :)

Thanks again for the help.

--
KC5TJA/6, DM13, QRP-L #1447
Samuel A. Falvo II

Sat, 13 Mar 2004 02:38:38 GMT

1. GFORTH question

2. Simple GFORTH question.

3. GForth and Ficl dictionary introspection question...

4. newbie question about gforth

5. Gforth: TIB history & AT-XY Questions

6. Gforth: TIB History & AT-XY Questions

7. Gforth: dll's and .so's

8. GForth on Linux, such as Knoppix

9. GForth lives in the 1970's

10. Ans Cross vs. GForth name collisions

11. to GForth add .c by shortest path

12. to GForth from C system