anyone get Tile forth to work?
Author Message
 anyone get Tile forth to work?

I got the Tile forth distribution, compiled and installed it, and it
seems to work fine with trivial definitions, but it chokes on all the
example code that comes with the distribution.  The first problem it
has with every file is when it encounters the word, "#include", in a
context like, "#include foo.f83".  I guess either I am supposed to run
all these files through cpp first or there is supposed to be a word
"#include" defined somewhere that does something analogous to "LOAD".

Anyone get any farther?

-- John C

Wed, 12 Jul 1995 02:33:51 GMT
 anyone get Tile forth to work?

Thanks very much to everyone who responded.  Actually, it was PATH
that was set wrong.  I admit to pilot error, but I suppose it would be
nice if the README either mentioned running "which forth" or said,
"The following banner will appear when you invoke Tile forth: . . . ."
I'll try to be awake next time I compile something new.

-- jmc

Fri, 14 Jul 1995 18:48:43 GMT

1. Has anyone gotten the generated Convert to work.

2. Has anyone ever gotten Java Activator, EAI, and Cosmo 2.1 to work

3. EcoLisp threads - anyone gotten them to work?

4. Has anyone gotten SOAR to work under akcl?

5. Getting Forth related files (was: Forth primer/teaching Forth)

6. Canon Cat Forth - Getting in/out of Forth

7. Tile Forth on OS9

8. TILE forth for the inmos transputer t8 family

9. TILE Forth

10. Tile Forth

11. Tile-Forth with AIX

12. tile-forth and Linux