 -----via Canada Remote Systems  (416)629-7000

 Date: 04-20-93 (02:52)

 Hi.  Thanks for giving me D/L privs in the middle of the night.

 in Cupertino, went through some mental gyrations about whether it
 was worth the $$ for a FORTH that was the wrong disk format for
 me and that had "no assurance" of ever being upgraded to full
 ANSI (hey, I was in a crummy mood or something, what can I say)--
 but then I actually dipped into the book in enough places to
 realize that it was a chock-full-o-lore book that I needed to
 own, even if I never loaded the ZEN disk.  I have a few bones to
 pick with you (like your compiler chauvinism in a few spots), but
 I gotta say, you did some good work. I did a long stint of FORTH
 work in financial applications many mooms ago; am now involved in
 various embedded controller apps and other fun stuff. Have you
 ever heard of a FORTH for the PIC microprocessor family?  It'd be
 a tight squeeze.  Michael Perry told me there was some sort of
 minimal-core-word FORTH around called something like PIGforth; I
 guessed he might mean Pygmy when I saw that name here. I'm kind
 of looking for the equivalent of SIOD (SCHEME In One Defun) for
 FORTH.  My guess is that I'd need about 8 words. See you on the
 Net, and thanks again!

 NET/Mail : RCFB Golden, CO (303) 278-0364 VESTA & Denver FIG for
 Forth! ---
  * The GrapeVine/Ferret Face BBS * NLR,ARK * 501-753-8121 DS *
  * PostLink(tm) v1.05  GRAPEVINE (#318) : RelayNet(tm) Hub

This message came from GEnie via willett.  You *cannot* reply to the author
using e-mail.  Please post a follow-up article, or use any instructions
the author may have included (USMail addresses, telephone #, etc.).

Fri, 20 Oct 1995 01:21:45 GMT

1. Forth Online Resources List on Web

2. REPOST: Forth Online Resources Survey

3. Forth Online Resources Survey

4. Forth Online Resources Survey

5. Forth OnLine Resource/Technical Help Letter (version 1.0)

6. Forth OnLine Resource/Technical Help Letter (version 1.0)

7. Forth on-line resources (New Forth BBs in British Columbia)