FAQ?
Author Message
 FAQ?

I'm new to programming but I have fond memories of my HP 28 calculator
(R.I.P.) so i thought i would check out Forth as i have to do some
quick and dirty programming ( even though the calcuator Forth was
actually a Lisp dialect...)

Is there forth FAQ?
Any pointers?
Whats the difference between postscript and Forth?

Thanks,

Sat, 13 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 FAQ?

Quote:
>I'm new to programming but I have fond memories of my HP 28 calculator
>(R.I.P.)

R.I.P.?  Don't you mean RPL? :-)  Yeah, my HP28 died too, so I bought an
HP100LX to replace it.  I program it in Perl and Forth; I also use
Derive and the built-in Lotus 1-2-3.

Quote:
> so i thought i would check out Forth as i have to do some
>quick and dirty programming ( even though the calcuator Forth was
>actually a Lisp dialect...)

For 'quick and dirty' programming, you're probably better off in Perl
than Forth -- you get more features with a free Perl than a free Forth.
If running speed is an issue, you'll need Forth.

Quote:
>Is there forth FAQ?

Yes -- it was just posted here.  The best thing to do is point your web
browser to

   http://taygeta.com

and follow the Forth links.

Quote:
>Any pointers?

Depends on what kind of computer you have.  Taygeta is the best place to
start.

Quote:
>Whats the difference between Postscript and Forth?

Postscript was modelled on Forth, but there are many differences.

Sat, 13 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 FAQ?

: I'm new to programming but I have fond memories of my HP 28 calculator
: (R.I.P.) so i thought i would check out Forth as i have to do some
: quick and dirty programming ( even though the calcuator Forth was
: actually a Lisp dialect...)

: Is there forth FAQ?
: Any pointers?
: Whats the difference between Postscript and Forth?

: Thanks,

Patrick, I tried forwarding you a copy of the FAQ-pointer, but it was
returned with a "unknown user" error.  If you wait a bit, the FAQ _should_
post in 2-3 days.

--

Jon D. Verne

Mon, 15 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Meta FAQ: where are the FAQ?

2. comp.lang.forth FAQ-lite: A brief synopsis of the FAQ

3. 'FAQ (pointer to FAQ)

4. Ruby books (Ruby NG FAQ, Ruby FAQ, home page)

5. FAQ indexer offerred for ruby faq

6. FAQ: Verilog FAQ : November 15, 2002

7. FAQ: Verilog FAQ : July 1, 2001

8. OT: A FAQ, but not *my* FAQ (humor)

9. Another FAQ maintained using the FAQ wizard

10. When is an FAQ not an FAQ?

11. - FAQ.txt [00/02] Smalltalk FAQ

12. NOTE: "FAQ list for this newsgroup" NOT FAQ