Simple Hardware, Simpler FORTH
Author Message
 Simple Hardware, Simpler FORTH

Some time age I read in these pages about a super-simple CPU made up of NAND
gates or such, and a FORTH which was written for it at the same time. The
post source mentioned that the software team found a bug in the hardware
design and worked around it for their FORTH. I cannot find this old news
note anywhere and wonder if any of you can point to it? I think the writer
was European.

Sincerely, Paul Frenger

Sun, 20 Jun 2004 11:00:57 GMT
 Simple Hardware, Simpler FORTH

Re stackcomputer: I have an article on building a small CPU with a 74LS382
ALU. It's done completely in Forth, including assembler/disassembler. But is
is described in het Vijgeblad 1986, no 18. Authors: Erwin Dondorp and
Dik-Jan Kooy. This magazine is in Dutch and is not available electronically.

-marcel

Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:23:36 GMT
 Simple Hardware, Simpler FORTH

Quote:

>Some time age I read in these pages about a super-simple CPU made up of
NAND
>gates or such, and a FORTH which was written for it at the same time. The
>post source mentioned that the software team found a bug in the hardware
>design and worked around it for their FORTH. I cannot find this old news
>note anywhere and wonder if any of you can point to it? I think the writer
>was European.

>Sincerely, Paul Frenger

Years ago a writable instruction set computer (WISC) was developed as a kit
and is still available in either a 16 bit or 32 bit version. Check Glenn
Haydon's 'Mountain View Press' site at  www.theforthsource.com  to see if
this is what you had in mind.

Walter Rottenkolber

Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:43:53 GMT

1. Simple forth question - maybe simple ?

2. developing in J with simple tools and simple minds

3. Very simple awk for a simple user

4. Simple courses in J for simple (ordinary) people

5. Simple courses in J for simple (ordinary) people

6. Simple courses in J for simple (ordinary) people

7. Simple task-not simple for Dummy, Help

8. Question in french (a simple question, very simple)

9. Simple Question seeks simple answer

10. Simple problem, simple solution.

11. Very simple forth...

12. Simple Forth written in C