MDFIG happens
Author Message
 MDFIG happens

A new guy showed up at the MDFIG meeting today after seeing me mention it
here, so it's lather-rinse-repeat time. There were just a handful of us
today. Bob (?) Caffrey (SP?) and Marty Fraeman talked about using Open
Firmware on space vehicles, and how reusability of subsystems is becoming
a bigger factor even on missions to Way WAY Out There. Then I briefly
talked about the cLIeNUX membership model going back to the FIRE Proposal,
which one guy there remembered, and how I'm trying to transmogrify the
unix shell into an as-Forthy-as-possible assembler for one-stack machines.
Marty replied that he has fond memories of some of the shell-like
properties of STOIC, which had 3 stacks that enabled it to do loops
interactively. It was a modest, but still quite interesting meeting.

MDFIG meets at 1 pm on the 3rd saturday of the month at the Kossiakoff
Center at the Johns Hopkins APL on Rt. 29 between Baltimore and DC.

Rick Hohensee
                                                www.clienux.com

Thu, 05 Feb 2004 13:33:03 GMT

1. MDFIG

2. a fun MdFIG

3. What happened to the original STIC site content?

4. What happened to APL Market News?

5. What happened to I-Beam?

6. To See Whats Happen - Cobol Call Statistik

7. What's Happening ???

8. what happened to #onResized:

9. What's happened to SIGAPL?

10. What's happened to SIGAPL ?

11. What happen to my subscription ?

12. Whatever happened to Assembler language?