Forth for Win CE Palmtops?
Author Message
 Forth for Win CE Palmtops?

Is Forth available anywhere for palmtops, in particular Win CE, I have a
HP320LX that I would like to use to revisit Forth?
Thanks

Ashley

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~aym/
*   and the seat of learning,                           *
*   and the flush of success,                          *
*   relieves the constipated mind.                   *
*                            "Life is a Minestrone"       *
*                                             10CC               *

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Forth for Win CE Palmtops?

Quote:
> Is Forth available anywhere for palmtops, in particular Win CE, I
have a
> HP320LX that I would like to use to revisit Forth?
> Thanks

> Ashley

The best Palm forth I'm aware of is Quartus by Neal Bridges, but
it's for PalmOS, not Win CE.  I did run accross this link for
a "Win CE" Forth some time ago, but since I don't have a Win CE
machine I can't vouch for it:  http://www.delosoft.com/

Neal said in a post a couple of months ago that he was working
on a Win CE Forth although in his words there was "suprisingly
low demand" for it.  The author of Win32Forth also gave a
description of what it would take to port Win32Forth to Win CE.
(Go to www.deja.com and do a search for Win32Forth on CE).

One of the "C" based Forths (such as GForth or FICL) would probably
be the fastest way to get Forth up and running under Windows CE.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Forth for Win CE Palmtops?

Quote:

> One of the "C" based Forths (such as GForth or FICL) would probably
> be the fastest way to get Forth up and running under Windows CE.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Hi all,

Another option is to run a PC emulator like
XTCE (my favorite) and then use one of the
DOS Forths.

Cheers,
Dan

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Forth for Win CE Palmtops?

Quote:
> Is Forth available anywhere for palmtops, in particular Win CE, I have a
> HP320LX that I would like to use to revisit Forth?

Is your 320 runing WinCE 1.0 or 2.0?

PocketForth appeared on the web briefly (written by sombody else) and then vanished.
It runs on my Casoppiea A11 (WinCE 1.0) but not on an upgraded A11 with CE 2.0)

I should send to to Forth.org or put it up on my site.

--Paul

Wed, 05 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. About Palmtops and forth

2. Palmtops in one hand and forth another hand

3. Forth on HP Palmtop

4. UTIL FORTH on a Palmtop PC

5. want TSR Forth for HP95LX palmtop (MS-DOS)

6. FORTH-83 for the HP95LX palmtop.

7. Palmtops and Forth

8. Palmtops and Forth

9. apl /win ce