References wanted
Author Message
 References wanted

I have a few specific references I'd like:

1. A while ago on this group (last spring) I found a reference to a
virtual machine-based Forth called SOD 32. I downloaded and compiled it,
and now want to refer to it in a paper I'm writing, but the documentation
contains no details of the author and I can't remember where I got it.
Can you help?

2. Anton Ertl's paper from EuroFORTH '93 (Marienbad) "A Portable Forth
Engine" appears without page references to the conference proceedings
which I'd like to fill in in my bibliography. Could he or someone else
please supply them (as far as I can see they're not in his own BibTeX file).

3. We all know that Forth is often used in embedded systems because
(among other things) of its good code density. Can someone please supply
a reference to a paper/book &c. where this is stated with reasonable
justification (again for the bibliography)?

Thanks for your help.
--
Web page: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 03 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 References wanted

Quote:

>I have a few specific references I'd like:

>1. A while ago on this group (last spring) I found a reference to a
>virtual machine-based Forth called SOD 32. I downloaded and compiled it,
>and now want to refer to it in a paper I'm writing, but the documentation
>contains no details of the author and I can't remember where I got it.
>Can you help?

It was posted to comp.sources.misc and it is archived in volume 46.
ftp://src.doc.ic.ac.uk/usenet/comp.sources.misc/volume46/sod32/ would
probably be a suitable archive for you.

I think the author's name is Lennart Benchop. In fact I played with it
myself a bit last night (I think it's really cool!) and I couldn't find
his e-mail address anywhere in the docs.

[snip]

Quote:
>Thanks for your help.
>--
>Web page: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/rrt1001/

/Daniel
--
Daniel Neri

Tue, 04 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 References wanted
|> 2. Anton Ertl's paper from EuroFORTH '93 (Marienbad) "A Portable Forth
|> Engine" appears without page references to the conference proceedings
|> which I'd like to fill in in my bibliography. Could he or someone else
|> please supply them (as far as I can see they're not in his own BibTeX file).

Sorry, no. The EuroForth '93 proceedings have no page numbers.

- anton

Fri, 14 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Eiffel references wanted

2. Implementation references wanted

3. references wanted for type inference with overloading

4. PL/1 book references wanted

5. SETL (SET Language) references wanted

6. reference wanted

7. references wanted to CPL programming language

8. References Wanted: Ada on multiprocessors

9. Recommendation for Timing Analysis Reference Wanted

10. Petri net/VHDL references wanted.

11. Information/references wanted for OOA/D tools

12. Prolog implementation references wanted