ANN: FIG UK hosts monthly IRC session
Author Message
 ANN: FIG UK hosts monthly IRC session

Just a reminder.

FIG UK's monthly IRC session takes place on Saturday 6th October from
9:00pm (BST).
All welcome - you will find us on channel #FIGUK, server IRCNet.

Bye for now                       ____/  /  __  /   /   /   /   /
                                 /      /  /  _/   /   /   /  /
Chris Jakeman                   __/    /  / __    /   /   /_/
                               /      /  /   /   /   /   /  \
[To reply, please           __/    __/  ____/    ___/ __/   _\
 unspam my address]
                           Forth Interest Group United Kingdom
Voice +44 (0)1733 753489   chapter at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:24:40 GMT
 ANN: FIG UK hosts monthly IRC session
How about a pointer to a description of what goes on here.  It sounds
interesting.  May be it is a real time get together?

Quote:

> FIG UK's monthly IRC session takes place on Saturday 6th October from
> 9:00pm (BST).
> All welcome - you will find us on channel #FIGUK, server IRCNet.

Wed, 24 Mar 2004 04:50:12 GMT
 ANN: FIG UK hosts monthly IRC session

Quote:

> How about a pointer to a description of what goes on here.  It sounds
> interesting.  May be it is a real time get together?

Yes it is a real time chat session with a variable number
of people.  I first downloaded the IRC software and joined
a session this January and have been in a few of them.

I asked for some help from Chris and he gave me
instructions on where to get the software and how
to join the discussion.  There is no fixed agenda
and people asked each other about their projects
or about what other stuff people around them
were doing.

Quote:
> > FIG UK's monthly IRC session takes place on Saturday 6th October from
> > 9:00pm (BST).
> > All welcome - you will find us on channel #FIGUK, server IRCNet.

Right. 1PM here in California.  Get and install IRC software
ahead of time.  Select your server that works well in your
part of the world and then open channel #FIGUK.  Everyone
will see "John Peters" (or whatever your handle is) "is
joining the discussion."  People come and go for a few
hours as the monthly session takes place.

Wed, 24 Mar 2004 05:14:04 GMT

1. ANN: FIG UK hosts monthly IRC session

2. ANN: FIG UK hosts monthly IRC session

3. ANN: FIG UK hosts monthly IRC session

4. ANN: FIG UK hosts monthly IRC session

5. ANN: FIG UK hosts monthly IRC session

6. ANN: FIG UK hosts monthly IRC session

7. ANN: FIG UK hosts monthly IRC session

8. ANN: FIG UK hosts monthly IRC session

9. ANN: FIG UK hosts monthly IRC session

10. ANN: FIG UK hosts monthly IRC session

11. ANN: FIG UK hosts monthly IRC session

12. ANN: FIG UK hosts monthly IRC session