Fw: Major Virus Warning -- Is a Hoax
Author Message
 Fw: Major Virus Warning -- Is a Hoax

Quote:

> Hi Jerry --

> Sorry, but today "you are the virus."  Virtual Card is a hoax. For example, see

I didn't see that when I looked. Not being able to check it, I took
Steve at his word. He apparently the victim of a more elaborate hoax
than a mere email.

Quote:

> Steve Evans is known to me as trusted and responsible. Although I
> haven't checked it myself, I assume that the following is not a hoax.

Bad assumption!
Quote:

> Moral: If your computer freezes EVER, FOR ANY REASON, reboot by cycling
> the power. That destroys whatever may try to lurk in memory.

Good advice anyhow.
Quote:
> Jerry
> --
> Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get.

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 06:07:47 GMT
 Fw: Major Virus Warning -- Is a Hoax

[snip]

Quote:
> I didn't see that when I looked. Not being able to check it, I took
> Steve at his word. He apparently the victim of a more elaborate hoax
> than a mere email.

[snip]

hmmm..... belief propagation problem?

--
BASiCS - Berkeley Audio-visual Signal Processing and Communication Systems
http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/~kusuma

this opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of parties affiliated

                L'etat n'a pas besoin des savants.

                             - Robespierre, refusing clemency for Lavoisier

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 06:47:35 GMT

1. Fw: Major Virus Warning

2. Help please - I believed a hoax virus warning

3. Fw: ?????????: VIRUS WARNING/VERYIMPORTANT FOR YOUR SAFETY

4. Fw: Virus Warning

5. Hoax AOL Virus

6. Virus hoaxes

7. EMAIL VIRUS HOAXES

8. Hoax virus - how do I recover?

9. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax

10. jdbgmgr.exe Virus ( Legit or Hoax)

11. jdbgmgr.exe is NOT A VIRUS it is a HOAX

12. virus or hoax