Neil Bawd/Wil Baden Hospitalized 12-Apr-2001
Author Message
 Neil Bawd/Wil Baden Hospitalized 12-Apr-2001

Wil Baden (Neil Bawd) in Hospital

Wil Baden, aka Neil Bawd, tool designer and Forth sage, was admitted to
Hoag Hospital Memorial Presbyterian ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) on Thursday,
12-Apr-2001. (His last hospital visit was in 1955, for a ganglion cyst
removal, probably as an outpatient. Since then, he's been married and
has four children.)

He is suffering from a sigmoid colon volvulus (sp?), which is impacted.
Basically this means there's a slipknot in his colon, and nothing can get
through. His feet have swollen up up from a size 10 to a size 15 (because
of a side-effect from Darvocet), and he's been in constant pain for two
months. Pain is mostly a new experience for a man who's been in good
health almost all of his life.

His surgeon is expected on Monday 16-Apr-2001, and he'll be scheduled for
surgery either Monday or Tuesday, where they'll attempt to cut the knot
out and splice things back together.

A web page has been set up for updates on his condition at
    http://www.*-*-*.com/
Good health wishes can be sent to a special account at

until he's back home reading his own e-mail account.

Chas. Baden

  http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,000+ groups

Thu, 02 Oct 2003 22:47:28 GMT
 Neil Bawd/Wil Baden Hospitalized 12-Apr-2001
This is hardly good tidings, but not the worst possible. My oldest son
(who is younger than Wil and perhaps more resilient) has fully recovered
from a similar experience about a year ago.

Please extend my best wishes to Wil, and I have no doubt that all of us
here share my sentiment.

Jerry

> Wil Baden (Neil Bawd) in Hospital

> Wil Baden, aka Neil Bawd, tool designer and Forth sage, was admitted to
> Hoag Hospital Memorial Presbyterian (http://www.hoag.org/) on Thursday,
> 12-Apr-2001. (His last hospital visit was in 1955, for a ganglion cyst
> removal, probably as an outpatient. Since then, he's been married and
> has four children.)

> He is suffering from a sigmoid colon volvulus (sp?), which is impacted.
> Basically this means there's a slipknot in his colon, and nothing can get
> through. His feet have swollen up up from a size 10 to a size 15 (because
> of a side-effect from Darvocet), and he's been in constant pain for two
> months. Pain is mostly a new experience for a man who's been in good
> health almost all of his life.

> His surgeon is expected on Monday 16-Apr-2001, and he'll be scheduled for
> surgery either Monday or Tuesday, where they'll attempt to cut the knot
> out and splice things back together.

> A web page has been set up for updates on his condition at
>    http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/dad/
> Good health wishes can be sent to a special account at

> until he's back home reading his own e-mail account.

> Chas. Baden

>   http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups
>    NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam.  If this or other posts

Fri, 03 Oct 2003 00:41:17 GMT
 Neil Bawd/Wil Baden Hospitalized 12-Apr-2001

Quote:
>This is hardly good tidings, but not the worst possible. My oldest son
>(who is younger than Wil and perhaps more resilient) has fully recovered
>from a similar experience about a year ago.

>Please extend my best wishes to Wil, and I have no doubt that all of us
>here share my sentiment.

Indeed. I suspect DUP, SWAP and friends wish him a speedy recovery.

Rick Hohensee

Quote:
>Jerry
>--
>Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get.

>> Wil Baden (Neil Bawd) in Hospital

>> Wil Baden, aka Neil Bawd, tool designer and Forth sage, was admitted to
>> Hoag Hospital Memorial Presbyterian (http://www.hoag.org/) on Thursday,
>> 12-Apr-2001. (His last hospital visit was in 1955, for a ganglion cyst
>> removal, probably as an outpatient. Since then, he's been married and
>> has four children.)

>> He is suffering from a sigmoid colon volvulus (sp?), which is impacted.
>> Basically this means there's a slipknot in his colon, and nothing can get
>> through. His feet have swollen up up from a size 10 to a size 15 (because
>> of a side-effect from Darvocet), and he's been in constant pain for two
>> months. Pain is mostly a new experience for a man who's been in good
>> health almost all of his life.

>> His surgeon is expected on Monday 16-Apr-2001, and he'll be scheduled for
>> surgery either Monday or Tuesday, where they'll attempt to cut the knot
>> out and splice things back together.

>> A web page has been set up for updates on his condition at
>>    http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/dad/
>> Good health wishes can be sent to a special account at

>> until he's back home reading his own e-mail account.

>> Chas. Baden

>>   http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups
>>    NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam.  If this or other posts

Fri, 03 Oct 2003 05:44:40 GMT
 Neil Bawd/Wil Baden Hospitalized 12-Apr-2001
Update: My father's colonoscopy is scheduled for Monday morning, with
surgery probably on Tuesday.

// Chas. Boston Baden

domain, and 'dad' is the account I've set up for e-mail intended for Wil
Baden.

Fri, 03 Oct 2003 11:42:51 GMT

1. Announcing Neil Bawd & Wil Baden home page

2. INFO-ADA Digest - 11 Apr 1995 to 12 Apr 1995

3. Wil Baden, per neilbawd@earthlink.net

4. Neil Bawd's ugly home page is back

5. Neil Bawd's Ugly Home Page 2002

6. DFC in Neil Bawd's Home

7. Neil Bawd web page - OPG

8. Neil Bawd web page

9. Neil Bawd Home Page Supplement

10. Clarion Magazine Weekly Summary For August 12-18, 2001

11. ANN: XP-Day, London, 15/12/2001

12. Austin, TX gathering 25 Apr 2001