Report of Programmable BBS
Author Message
 Report of Programmable BBS

   Okay.... I simply *MUST* get in here somewhere's between the
  I also offer "FigTree", a Forth-79 based version of FBBS taken from
the code of Jeff Wilson and Tom Belpasso, though, according to John
Peters' knowledge (or admitted vocally anyway) I had the code
running first!
   Our dear S.O. here has seen my version of same, V3.77 I believe
(now in 3.79) A citadel look-alike command structure simply 'cuz I
think modem communications don't need twelve levels of menus for the
user interface!
   Granted, its a large-scale model. It runs in 64k worth of IBM
code, and the files are simply HUGE for data storage, but it do
work... Now if I can only find time to add the net-working overlay!
(sigh... too busy I guess!)
   I strongly suggest you check out the F-83 Library book of Offete
Enterprizes, Inc. 1983 for this model, or call the Programable BBS
itself and download a copy. (I did! It was great seeing all them
functions I struggled with way back when....)
   The ONLY complaint I'd have is that the ENTER-TOP and SQUISH-TREE
routines are NOT included in the download, so if you ain't got the
book you're pretty well lost for installing it as a BBS for your own
use. But then, that's just a bug I know from years of working with
Jeff's code.....

  Oh yes: I'd not pass my code off as purely f-79, for it contains
some structures from Pygmy 1.1, notably the file based interface
which I borrowed. Does that make it F79/83?  I dunno myself....
maybe Forth 80?? hahahahahaha

via Fortress Gateway at uumind.mind.ORG

Sat, 21 Oct 1995 16:34:00 GMT

1. Report on Programmable BBS and More

2. Report of Programmable BBS

3. Programmable BBS report etc.

4. Programmable BBS Report of potiental success

5. Programmable BBS

6. Report on Progrmmable BBS in Forth

7. FAQ Answers: Part 90 (Programmable BBS). (V1.2:31.Mar.93)

8. Forth FAQ Answers: Part 90 (Programmable BBS). (V1.0:01.Jan.93)

9. programmable funmction keys

10. NoteTab Light - Programmable Text Editor and PAD Support