Control-flow stack which may not exist
Author Message
 Control-flow stack which may not exist

One of the dim places of the ANS Forth standard is
*how* the control-flow stack may not physically exist.

I have written an article about it:

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~mlg/Apocrypha/CFStack.html

(If someone has no www, send me an e-mail, I'll post it.

    \ I hate spam
)

ABSTRACT
Do not try to hack the ANS Forth specification; code that
makes any assumptions about the control-flow
stack is not portable. Instead, define one or two or
more system-dependent words, and your code will be
more maintainable.

The rules are refined that describe availability of
control-flow stack and data stack elements when both
stacks are used together.

Examples of various ANS-compliant control-flow
stack implementations are given.

=====
Any comments are welcome

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 21 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. RFI: Control-flow Stack

2. Q. WHAT is the Control Flow Stack?

3. Where is the Control Flow Stack?

4. Who invented the control-flow stack?

5. Stack overflow problem but increasing stack size does not solve the problem

6. flows and call-stack ...

7. image command may hose existing procedures

8. Smalltalk syntax and flow control

9. Program Flow Control

10. program flow control

11. PROPOSAL: New Control Flow Words