***OPENFIRMWARE SOFTWARE ENGINEERS, APPLE COMPUTER, INC.***
Author Message
 ***OPENFIRMWARE SOFTWARE ENGINEERS, APPLE COMPUTER, INC.***

As a company, we1re committed to recruiting not only the most talented
individuals, but also those who look forward to the next challenge, the
next milestone and breakthrough.  We posted a $25 million profit this
quarter, thanks to hard work, staying the course of technological
innovation and accepting nothing short of excellence.  And of course, to
the Apple team, who never doubted.

Macintosh has always been at the heart of Apple1s mission. The people who
design, build and support Macintosh products have specific interests which
call for a unique environment.

All over Apple you1ll find people proud of where we1ve been and very
e{*filter*}d about where we1re headed.  If you share this e{*filter*}ment, you1ll
want to join us.

About the Group

Mac Engineering Software is responsible for creating Power Mac and
Performa desktop systems. This means we write whatever software is needed
to enable exciting new hardware technologies, port new OS versions to new
hardware platforms, and innovate new human/machine interactions.  We are
also responsible for managing these software projects from concept to
production, working closely with the hardware design teams and MacOS
engineers.  We live on the bleeding edge, pursuing unexplored or undefined
technologies for differentiation from our competitors.  Our mission is to
create the ultimate multimedia machine for home, education, and media
professionals.

Job Description

OpenFirmware Software Engineers

Responsible for architecting, implementing & maintaining a centralized
source base for Apple's Macintosh OpenFirmware code. Will work with
engineering teams across the company to keep the kernel and drivers
functioning, and to assist in bringing up new hardware platoforms. Will
also require working with Developer Relations & Licensing to enable
Macintosh developers & licensees to be compatible with Apple's
implementation.

Requirements: BS/MS/PhD EE/CE/CS (or equivalent). Good teamwork &
communication skills. Need experience with Forth programming and/or
low-level Macintosh ROM architecture. Prefer OpenFirmware/IEEE1275
experience.

Please send your resume to:

Apple Computer, Inc.
1 Infinite Loop, MS75-2CE
Dept. NN-CE, Job Req BS
Attn:  Cheryl Erickson
Cupertino, CA  95014

FAX 408 974-5957

Sun, 23 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. ***OPENFIRMWARE SOFTWARE ENGINEER, APPLE COMPUTER, INC.***

2. JOB: OPENFIRMWARE SOFTWARE ENGINEERS, APPLE COMPUTER, INC.

3. ***JOB OPPORTUNITY - APPLE COMPUTER, INC. - OPENFIRMWARE SOFTWARE ENGINEERS***

4. ***CONTINUATION ENGINEERS, APPLE COMPUTER, INC.***

5. Project Design Engineer / ASICs - Tandem Computers, Inc.

6. Project Design Engineer / ASICs - Tandem Computers, Inc.

7. Software Pundits Inc/Design Verification Engineers

8. SOFTWARE PUNDITS INC/ ASIC DESIGN and VERIF ENGINEERS

9. COMPUTER AIDED SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, do

10. JOB OPPORTUNITIES - Embedded Software Engineers & Systems Engineers

11. Job-Vermont-Software Reuse Team - Software Engineer

12. APPLE - Multimedia Engineers-PIE Division-Cupertino,CA