Problems Integrating PASM386 into FPC3.56
Author Message
 Problems Integrating PASM386 into FPC3.56

Hi All

I cannot for the life of me get PASM386.SEQ, DM386.SEQ or DASM386.SEQ to load
properly in F-PC 3.56.  I am trying to replace the original PASM.SEQ, etc with
these updated versions.  I have placed them in the FPC.SEQ file (which tells
the Kernel which files to load) but all I seem to get is error messages saying
the kernel cannot find particular words.  I have tried repositioning
PASM386,etc in the FPC.SEQ.  While this corrects the original error messages,
new one spring up!  What can I do?  Has anyone does this before?

By the way, what Forths are you using on ibm machines?  Mine is a i486 SX-33
and I (obviously) use F-PC 3.56.

regards

Chris Slee

Thu, 11 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems Integrating PASM386 into FPC3.56

Quote:

> I cannot for the life of me get PASM386.SEQ, DM386.SEQ or DASM386.SEQ to load
> properly in F-PC 3.56.  I am trying to replace the original PASM.SEQ, etc with
> these updated versions.  I have placed them in the FPC.SEQ file (which tells
> the Kernel which files to load) but all I seem to get is error messages saying
> the kernel cannot find particular words.

The problem is that PASM386 was written for F-PC 2.25 and was never updated to
work on F-PC 3.56.  In fact, I believe PASM may have been completely rewritten
after PASM386 was written, so I am not supprised it doesn't work.

I am not sure why you are trying to get it to work, but I would not hold out a
lot of hope, unless you are willing to get into the guts of it.

Win32Forth has a 486 assembler, if you can run under Windows95, or Win32s on
Windows 3.1.

Tom Zimmer

Thu, 11 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems Integrating PASM386 into FPC3.56

Quote:
> I cannot for the life of me get PASM386.SEQ, DM386.SEQ or DASM386.SEQ
> to load properly in F-PC 3.56.  I am trying to replace the original
> PASM.SEQ, etc with these updated versions.  I have placed them in the

Sorry, no chance.
PASM386 needs to be rewritten ??because the use of LABELS in f-pc??
changed during the time.

Using 386+ instructions there has been an intermediate solution presented
by B.Beuster to add desired instructions directly to f-pc. Maybe that will
do.

Quote:
> By the way, what Forths are you using on ibm machines?  Mine is a
> i486 SX-33 and I (obviously) use F-PC 3.56.

amd486/80 w. f-pc 3.6 and f-95.

Ciao
Joerg

Fotografieren und Forth programmieren
## CrossPoint v3.02 ##

Fri, 12 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems Integrating PASM386 into FPC3.56
|> Win32Forth has a 486 assembler, if you can run under Windows95, or Win32s on
|> Windows 3.1.

If you prefer DOS or Unix, you can run this 486 assembler by Jim
Schneider on Gforth
(http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/forth/gforth-0.1beta.tar.gz).

- anton

Sat, 13 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Basic FPC3.56 Float Question

2. Problems setting 800x600 with 56 hz monitor

3. error Logout 56, Help with

4. Runcode 56 returned by run

5. Error 56 returned by Runcode

6. LOGOUT Already Active (56) - why ?

7. LOGOUT Already Active (56)

8. PFE 0.32.56 signal support segfaults on Linux 2.4.18

9. UDP read error code 56

10. -56 THROW is QUIT ?

11. multiplier with 56 bit