Password Masking
Author Message
 Password Masking

Hi,

As part of a University project, I am writing an application that
needs a user to enter a password. The application is for Windows,
console-based, and is being written using EiffelStudio 5.

The problem is that I need to remove the echo so that the password
entered by the user is hidden. As it stands, I cannot see anyway of
achieving this.

If anyone has some code or pointers that can do the above, I'll be
most appreciative.

Best regards,

Philip Miseldine

Fri, 25 Jun 2004 04:00:24 GMT
 Password Masking
Hi just have a look of the vision2 examples you can find there.
Regards
--
alexj
http://www.soft.ch

Quote:
> Hi,

> As part of a University project, I am writing an application that
> needs a user to enter a password. The application is for Windows,
> console-based, and is being written using EiffelStudio 5.

> The problem is that I need to remove the echo so that the password
> entered by the user is hidden. As it stands, I cannot see anyway of
> achieving this.

> If anyone has some code or pointers that can do the above, I'll be
> most appreciative.

> Best regards,

> Philip Miseldine

Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:07:48 GMT
 Password Masking

Quote:

> Hi,

> As part of a University project, I am writing an application that
> needs a user to enter a password. The application is for Windows,
> console-based, and is being written using EiffelStudio 5.

> The problem is that I need to remove the echo so that the password
> entered by the user is hidden. As it stands, I cannot see anyway of
> achieving this.

> If anyone has some code or pointers that can do the above, I'll be
> most appreciative.

This is done in the Windows text-box. The parameter ES_PASSWORD needs to
be set.
--
Peter Horan B.E, M. Eng Sc.     School of Computing and Mathematics

+61-3-5227 1234 (Voice)         Geelong
+61-3-5243 7723 (Home)          Victoria 3217
+61-3-5227 2028 (FAX)           Australia

-- The Eiffel Guarantee: Specification to Implementation
(http://www.elj.com)

Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:20:25 GMT
 Password Masking

Quote:

> > Hi,

> > As part of a University project, I am writing an application that
> > needs a user to enter a password. The application is for Windows,
> > console-based, and is being written using EiffelStudio 5.

Sorry. I missed the reference to console.
--
Peter Horan B.E, M. Eng Sc.     School of Computing and Mathematics

+61-3-5227 1234 (Voice)         Geelong
+61-3-5243 7723 (Home)          Victoria 3217
+61-3-5227 2028 (FAX)           Australia

-- The Eiffel Guarantee: Specification to Implementation
(http://www.elj.com)

Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:21:59 GMT
 Password Masking

Quote:

> > > Hi,

> > > As part of a University project, I am writing an application that
> > > needs a user to enter a password. The application is for Windows,
> > > console-based, and is being written using EiffelStudio 5.

> Sorry. I missed the reference to console.
> --
> Peter Horan B.E, M. Eng Sc.     School of Computing and Mathematics

> +61-3-5227 1234 (Voice)         Geelong
> +61-3-5243 7723 (Home)          Victoria 3217
> +61-3-5227 2028 (FAX)           Australia

> -- The Eiffel Guarantee: Specification to Implementation
> (http://www.elj.com)

Yeah, I can't use Vision 2 or WEL, just a plain old DOS console :(

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 03:27:54 GMT

1. Mask password entry and diable Esc button

2. Masking input for Password field in CA-Dbfast

3. >Masking input for Password field in CA-dBFast

4. How can I mask passwords w/ raw_input()?

5. masking password in text based app

6. How to mask a password when the user type it ????

7. Masked console input (e.g. reading a password)?

8. Vraiable length AND mask

9. AND mask

10. Variable AND mask

11. FPE masks