WEX'ing videos
Author Message
 WEX'ing videos

I am trying to play video (AVI & MPG files) on Win98, using WEX
library.
I want to simulate the behaviour of Windows Media Player - resizing
the window resizes the video image. Infact, I want to run the video in
full-screen.

Is it possible with WEX?
If no, could anyone suggest alternatives (Eiffel based)?

Compiler: ISE 4.5

This is my first brush with multimedia. Please educate me if I am
missing the obvious.

Thanks,
Manvinder.

Sat, 10 Apr 2004 02:05:56 GMT
 WEX'ing videos
Quote:
> I am trying to play video (AVI & MPG files) on Win98, using WEX
> library.
> I want to simulate the behaviour of Windows Media Player - resizing
> the window resizes the video image. Infact, I want to run the video in
> full-screen.

> Is it possible with WEX?

Running the video in full-screen require the use of DirectX. This is
a bit too much for WEX.
The good news is that it can be done with EiffelFury, a extension
(if not a rewritting) of WEX.

It can be found at the following location and runs fine with ISE Eiffel
4.5 and EiffelStudio 5.0.
http://eiffelzone.sourceforge.net/eiffelfury/eiffelfury.html

Hope this helps,
Arnaud.

Arnaud PICHERY
Interactive Software Engineering, Inc.

visit our web site: http://www.eiffel.com

Sat, 10 Apr 2004 03:49:13 GMT
 WEX'ing videos
Take a look at the 4th example for EiffelFURY, it will probably be the
most helpful for what you are trying to do.

With respect to the library itself, for anyone familiar with WEX, it
is pretty much is a rewrite with a few removals and some helpful
additions. Although quite basic for handling graphics and multimedia
in Windows (compared to DirectX), it can be a surprisingly powerful
introduction to the principles of multimedia and 2-D animations.  Hope
this helps and good luck.

Hubert

Mon, 12 Apr 2004 02:55:07 GMT

1. 'with'ing and 'use'ing

2. un-'upvar'ing/un-'global'ing variables

3. FTP'ing and FAX'ing from within C4b

4. 'make'ing ghc on darwin

5. 'call'ing a variable

6. Expect: Trouble 'expect'ing linefeeds

7. Ping'ing w/o plugins

8. C5EE GOLD - GPF'ing should read C55EE Gold

9. C5EE GOLD -W2K- GPF'ing with Large Dict - MSQL

10. Why GPF'ing in CW20?

11. Changing property of Control USE'ing Array Element

12. My opinion about ' ing constants