ISE Eiffel 4.2 available for downloading (Linux)
Author Message
 ISE Eiffel 4.2 available for downloading (Linux)

ISE Eiffel version 4.2 is available for downloading.
As usual, go to http://www.*-*-*.com/ and follow
"download" (in the left frame).

This now covers both the Windows and the Linux versions.
For other Unix platforms please contact ISE at

Mirror sites will be listed shortly.

Enjoy 4.2!
--
Bertrand Meyer, ISE Inc.
ISE Building, 2nd floor, 270 Storke Road, Goleta CA 93117

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 06 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ISE Eiffel 4.2 available for downloading (Linux)

Quote:

> ISE Eiffel version 4.2 is available for downloading.
> As usual, go to http://www.eiffel.com and follow
> "download" (in the left frame).

I do admire the attempt to spam the search engines :-)

Smalltalk, software, reuse, reusability, software reuse, software reusability,
logiciel, quality, Design by Contract, programming by contract, contract-based
engineering, BON, B.O.N., components, object-oriented analysis,
object-oriented design, software components, componentware, COM, COM3, OLE,
ActiveX, objet, objets, objekt, ogetto, ogetti, programmation par objets,
programmation objets, programmazione per oggetti, technologie objet,
technologie objets, object resource center, object technology resource center,
object-oriented programming, objekt-orientierte programmierung, CORBA, OMG,
CASE, Computer-Aided Software Engineering, SDK, development environment,
software development kit, business modeling, Ariane 5, European Space Agency,
ISE, Interactive Software Engineering, Bertrand Meyer, libraries, genie
logiciel, software engineering, large-scale software engineering,
object-oriented training, object-oriented consulting">

Regards,
Roger
-- Roger Browne, 6 Bambers Walk, Wesham, PR4 3DG, UK | Ph 01772-687525
-- Everything Eiffel: http://www.eiffel.demon.co.uk/ | +44-1772-687525

Mon, 07 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ISE Eiffel 4.2 available for downloading (Linux)

Quote:

> > As usual, go to http://www.eiffel.com and follow
> > "download" (in the left frame).

> I do admire the attempt to spam the search engines :-)
> Smalltalk, software, reuse, reusability, software reuse, software reusability,
> ... [snip snip ] ...

Roger exaggerates.  They don't have "C++" in their HTML source.

Also not too successful, I tried small group of their keywords
          object-oriented java eiffel corba
at Alta Vista and had to try twice more until it showed me the ISE
address on hit 33.

Department of Turbo Pascal, De Montfort University Milton Keynes
http://www.mk.dmu.ac.uk/~gperkins/

Mon, 07 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ISE Eiffel 4.2 available for downloading (Linux)

AUTS! That hurt. I copied all this - even translated it to finnish
equivalents to add more search-spamming (<- I didn't know) -
to our pages at http://www.eiffel.fi/ , where some ISE pages
are translated to finnish (with permission by B.M./ISE) and
hopefully serves eiffelware customers in Finland as we are
the Distributor in Finland.
Veli-Pekka
Product Manager

Sokinsuontie 3 A 1, FIN-02760 Espoo, Finland
TEL +358(9)859 2025 ; GSM +358(40)5940 824
Advanced Media Technology URL: http://www.eiffel.fi/
Please DO send unsolicited Eiffel-ads.

Quote:

>> ISE Eiffel version 4.2 is available for downloading.
>> As usual, go to http://www.eiffel.com and follow
>> "download" (in the left frame).

>I do admire the attempt to spam the search engines :-)

>Smalltalk, software, reuse, reusability, software reuse, software

reusability,

<SNIP>,

Quote:
>ISE, Interactive Software Engineering, Bertrand Meyer, libraries, genie
>logiciel, software engineering, large-scale software engineering,
>object-oriented training, object-oriented consulting">

>Regards,
>Roger
>--
>--
>-- Roger Browne, 6 Bambers Walk, Wesham, PR4 3DG, UK | Ph 01772-687525
>-- Everything Eiffel: http://www.eiffel.demon.co.uk/ | +44-1772-687525

Mon, 07 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ISE Eiffel 4.2 available for downloading (Linux)

Thanks! Whenever I have the time I'll recreate my metas.
Veli-Pekka

Quote:

>That isn't spamming the search engines. That's exactly what the meta tag
>is there for.

>Unfortunately, you may find that some search engines examine the 'fit'
>between the meta keywords and the words on that page, find that there
>are some major discrepancies, thus classifying the page at a lower
>relevance.

>It pays only to include meta keywords that actually do appear on your
>page ...

>Loryn Jenkins

>PS: Source of this wisdom: A book called "Increasing your web traffic in
>a weekend".

Mon, 07 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ISE Eiffel 4.2 available for downloading (Linux)

That isn't spamming the search engines. That's exactly what the meta tag
is there for.

Unfortunately, you may find that some search engines examine the 'fit'
between the meta keywords and the words on that page, find that there
are some major discrepancies, thus classifying the page at a lower
relevance.

It pays only to include meta keywords that actually do appear on your
page ...

Loryn Jenkins

PS: Source of this wisdom: A book called "Increasing your web traffic in
a weekend".

Tue, 08 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ISE Eiffel 4.2 available for downloading (Windows)

2. ISE Eiffel 4.2 output, Windows NT

3. ISE Eiffel 4.2

4. ISE Eiffel 4.2 Compilation

5. ISE Eiffel 4.2: A different Perspective

6. New platforms for ISE Eiffel 4.2

7. Installing ISE Eiffel 4.2

8. ISE Eiffel 4.2: major new release

9. Beta test of ISE Eiffel 4.2

10. ISE Eiffel 3.3 available on Linux

11. ISE Eiffel 3 for Linux now available on floppie disk