EiffelStore Database Login (ODBC, NT Authenticated Login)
Author Message
 EiffelStore Database Login (ODBC, NT Authenticated Login)

Hi,

EiffelStore seems to assume that the user is going to use the database
username / password in order to access it. I need to connect to the
database without logging in. The NT User under which this application is
operating provides SQL Server the authentication necessary. (I'm using
ODBC to SQL Server, and am using NT Authentication for access control.
Hence, there is no need for the application to provide a username or
password to SQL Server.)

Does anyone know how to do this?

(If you do, could you please respond kinda quickly. Cause I need to make
this work in order to show my company how cool Eiffel is! :)

Wed, 13 Aug 2003 04:53:29 GMT
 EiffelStore Database Login (ODBC, NT Authenticated Login)
Just for the record, Cedric Reduron of ISE, answered me privately and
reported that you can log into SQL Server (and Access) without a username
and password by simply inserting empty strings in the username and password
variables in the login routines.

I hope this helps others out there.

Loryn E. Jenkins
Standard Reserve Corporation
http://www.standardreserve.com

SR# 120001

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 09:22:20 GMT
 EiffelStore Database Login (ODBC, NT Authenticated Login)

Quote:
> Just for the record, Cedric Reduron of ISE, answered me privately and
> reported that you can log into SQL Server (and Access) without a username
> and password by simply inserting empty strings in the username and password
> variables in the login routines.

> I hope this helps others out there.

And you need to have NT authentication (integrated security) enabled...

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:36:15 GMT
 EiffelStore Database Login (ODBC, NT Authenticated Login)
Yes, Sorry I didn't state that again. I assumed that would be understood from the
thread heading and my previous message.

Loryn

Quote:

> > Just for the record, Cedric Reduron of ISE, answered me privately and
> > reported that you can log into SQL Server (and Access) without a username
> > and password by simply inserting empty strings in the username and password
> > variables in the login routines.

> > I hope this helps others out there.

> And you need to have NT authentication (integrated security) enabled...

> Groetjes,

> Berend. (-:

Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:48:46 GMT

1. Authenticating a login on the Intranet

2. ODBC Auto-Login

3. ODBC Login and Password

4. Suppress ODBC login ???

5. ODBC login

6. Catching database login failures?

7. Login to NT Server ?

8. Login to NT Server source

9. windows NT login name

10. autostart runtime-vi before NT-login

11. Using Rexx for login script NT

12. Reading in NT Variables / Login Script